Epilogue: Where It All Began

A scream echoed through the room. She gripped the hand of her husband tightly, crying and screaming.

"You're almost there. You're almost there. Just a bit more." He assured. She let out another strained groaned and it built into a cry.

"Ah! I can't--" She panted, "I can't do this."

"You can."

"Once more, Akira. Once more." The doctor instructed. Akira cried again, holding Mizuki's hand tighter than ever. She cried harder.

"Almost there. Almost there." The midwife encouraged. Akira let out another scream of effort and then the pain ceased. She panted heavily as relief overcame her. And then, the sound of a baby crying filled the room.

"You did it. You did it! Akira, you did it!" Mizuki said. He hugged her and she gripped ahold of his arm. He backed away and Akira looked up, seeing the midwife coming to her with her newborn baby.

"Congratulations. It's a healthy boy." Akira took her new baby from the midwife and looked him over.

"My God...He's so beautiful." She whispered. Mizuki smiled.

"We have a son. You did it, Akira."

"Mm-mm. We both did." Akira looked up to Mizuki and leaned her head against him as he kissed her head.

"So...what does he look like to you, huh?" Akira stared at their new baby.

"I can't tell right now."

"All right, we're ready to clean him and weigh him." The midwife informed. Akira let the midwife take their new son back. She looked up to Mizuki.

"I am not ever doing that again."

"Oh? But, the part before this was fun, right?" Akira lightly slapped Mizuki.

"Shut up." They both laughed softly.

Mizuki went to go tell everyone waiting about their new son, while Akira got cleaned up and waited for her baby to be returned to her. He weighed seven pounds, but he was full term. As he was cleaned up and  dried, Akira could see that in his dark hair was a slight shade of red. He would have his father's hair. His eyes were dark brown, but they could lighten up as he got older.

Mizuki returned, along with Aoba, Koujaku, Clear, and Noiz.

"Hey, Akira. How are you?" Aoba asked.

"I'm okay. Tired, but I'm okay," She replied. She revealed her and Mizuki's new son, "Here. You want to hold him?" She carefully accepted the infant in his arms and he looked him over. He chuckled.

"You have a name for him yet?" Noiz asked. Akira and Mizuki exchanged looks.

"He...looks like a Keisuke to me." Akira replied.

"Keisuke?" Mizuki eyed their new son and he nodded.

"Yeah. Keisuke. It's perfect for him." He said. Mizuki took his place beside his wife and they watched their friends as they interacted with the newborn. Aoba handed Keisuke over to Koujaku.

"He's so tiny." He stated.

"He didn't feel so tiny an hour ago." Akira responded. Everyone broke into quiet laughter, "Did...Mink not come?" Akira looked to Aoba. He sighed.

"No. But, his Allmate came and dropped this off." Aoba handed Akira a folded piece of paper. She opened it,

Congratulations.I'm happy for both of you.

Akira smiled and she folded the paper back up.

"Perhaps, some day, he'll say hello to our son." She looked up to Mizuki. He put his arms around her shoulders.