Chapter 9- Secret's and Sandwiches

I wanted to know why Cam reacted the way he did earlier. And what that look in his eyes meant...
~~~

We just sat there for a bit.. not saying anything. It would have been peaceful if not for Cam having been so tensed from the previous interaction.

I finally decided if I waited any longer I might explode..

"Hey Cam"

"Hey"

"So...  wanna talk about whatever the heck just happened over there?"

"Not really"

"Someday?"

"Maybe"

"Okay..  wanna go get something to eat, I know of a good diner close by."

"Sure" he shrugged

We got up silently and I started leading him to the closest diner. It wasn't too long of a walk, but my side still sort of hurt from earlier..

As we walked in the little bell rung from above the door. I found us a booth to sit at with a nice view of the streets as it started to rain.

I've always loved the rain, the smell, the sound, the feel, It's just so calming.. but I do have my days.

We sat there again, in a peaceful silence. Until the waiter who honestly looked like a 30 year old who had plastic surgery..   everywhere.

She came up and looked nice despite all her fake skin. Well.. that was until she started talking.

"Hi, my names Missy and I'll be your server for today, can I start you off with some drinks?"

She fluttered her fake eyelashes at Cam and failed at an attempt to make her already bulging boobs to look bigger.. if that was even possible.

" *cough cough* yes please I'll have a pink lemonade and a PB&J sandwich" I said

Her eyes didn't even leave Cameron as she asked "and for you sir?" Fluttering her eyes some more.

"I'll just have the same with water " he states dryly.

"Smart choice" she squeaked in her high pitched squirrel sounding voice.. ugh.

I just stared her down until she left behind the counter. I started hearing a laugh that sounded like the gods themselves created tune by tune.

I turned to see a Cameron laughing and to be honest I don't think I've ever seen anything so cute in my life... that is until he started talking.

"Ahaha y-you looked like you w-wanted to k-kill her!" He smacked the table and continued to laugh.

"What no I didn't?"

"AHA awww phew" he started to sober up.

"You know if I didn't know any better it would kinda look like you were jealous." He smirks

"Me? Jealous? Now why would I be jealous" I defended

"Beats me but it did look like it."