chapter 1

Melodi sat in the drive way trying to figure out her next move. Being back home Melodi had a lot of unfinished business to take care of. She knew it was time to face her path.

  Melodi took a deep breath as she turnt off the engine of her Mercedes Benz.

"You ight ma?" Jason asked grabbing Melodi's hand.

"Yea I'm coo. Thank you so much Jason. "

"For what?"

   "Coming with me. Supporting me. You Neva left my side since the first day we met. and eventho Aslyn isn't yours you treat her like your own. You don't have to do what you've done for us. I really appreciate it." Melodi said as she tried to hold back the tears. Melodi knew coming back home could cause a lot of pain and she was just hoping Jason don't get caught up in it.

   "Chill ma don't cry. I told you I was gonna rock with you and that's what I'm doing. You and Asyln are both a blessing to me. And I love that lil girl to pieces. Shit I love both of y'all." Melodi didn't know what to say as she took in the last part of his statement. She had love for Jason but Melodi knew her heart was already marked with Rashawd's name.

   "You ain't gotta say it back. I'm not rushing you, I just want you to know I love you." Jason said as he leaned in and shared a passionate kiss with Melodi.

  "Lets go inside." Melodi said pulling back.

  Melodi grabbed Aslyn's baby bag while Jason carried a sleeping Aslyn.

   Melodi knocked on the door and two minutes later the door came flying open.

    "Omg baby look at you" Yosha said pulling Melodi into a tight hug.

  "Hey mama" Melodi said walking in.

   "Mama this is Jason and Aslyn., Jason this is my mom." Melodi said introducing the two.

"Hey baby nice to meet you."

"My pleasure ma'am." Jason said as he shook Yosha's hand.

   "Omg Melodi she is beautiful. Omg Melodi look at that head full of hair. Can I please hold my grandbaby?" Yosha asked Jason but didn't give him a chance to respond because she had already took Aslyn out his arm.

   "Thanks ma. Where's dad?" Melodi asked sitting her purse and Aslyn baby bag down.

   "Upstairs with Jr gone up there. I didn't tell him you was coming today." Yosha said not looking up at Melodi she was to focused on her granddaughter.

   "C'mon baby." Melodi said grabbing Jason's hand and leading him upstairs. Melodi made her way to her parents room where she found her dad and Jr watching cartoons.

  "I don't know who's enjoying sponge Bob the most you or Jr." Melodi said grabbing her dads attention.

   "Melodiiii!!!" her dad screamed as he jumped up and picked Melodi up spinning her around.

   "Yes daddy its me now put me down." Melodi said laughing

   "Baby girl I missed you so much." Jerald said as he placed Melodi down and pulled her into a hug.

  "I've missed you to dad."

"Where's my granddaughter?"

  "Downstairs you might have to fight with mom cause she ain't letting her go she almost ripped off Jason's arm trying to get her." Melodi said as her father turned his attentions to Jason.

  "Dad this is Jason, Jason this is my father. "

  "What's up man" jerald said as he dapped up Jason.