chapter 2

"Melodi?" A familiar face said as he looked at Melodi until he noticed his identical twin that Melodi was holding.

"Ra-Rashawd!" Melodi was stuck. She was lost for words as she stared at her lover her baby's father and her life time friend.

"Rashawd what are you doing here?" Melodi said as she stood in the doorway. She knew she was going to see Rashawd but she wasn't expecting to see him this soon.

"I could ask you the same thing. Are you gonna let me in or continue to block the door?"

"I'm sorry come in." Melodi said as she moved to the side letting him in.

Melodi watched as Rashawd sat on the couch. She was trying to figure out what was going through his head she could tell the way Rashawd looked at Aslyn he knew she was his. Thay looked to much alike.

"How old is she?"

"Eight months."

"What's her name?"

"Aslyn."

"What's her full name?" Rashawd said as he stared at Melodi.

"Aslyn Asia King" Melodi said letting Rashawd know that Aslyn had his last name.

"Can I hold her?"

Melodi handed Rashawd his child. She couldn't tell what he was feelin at the moment until Aslyn grabbed Rashawd cheeks and kissed him. She watched as a single tear rolled down his face.

"You foul Mel you're real foul." Rashawd said as he kissed Aslyn and handed her back to Melodi before walking to the door.

Melodi couldn't say anything. She didn't know what to feel. She was hurt yes. But it wasn't her fault. Rashawd played a big role in why he wasn't in his child's life. And now here he is blaming her. Only if Rashawd knew.

It had been an hour since Rashawd left and Melodi was still crying.

When Melodi heard the front door open she quickly wiped her last tear.

"Baby why didn't you tell me your dad knew how to hoop. I made a fool of myself." Jason said coming in hugging mel.

"You didn't tell me you were going to shoot ball." Melodi said kissing his cheeks.

"Baby do you mind watching Aslyn for me I need to go handle something." she asked grabbing her keys and cellphone.

"Yea. Are you ok"

"yea I'm fine. One of my girlfriends found out I was in town so I'm going to go see her." Melodi said lying.

"Ight coo" Jason said as he kissed Melodi on the forehead.

It didn't take Melodi no time to get to Rashawd's. When she pulled up his car was in the driveway. She turned her car off and locked her doors.

Walking up to the door Melodi reached up under the mat to grab the spare key. Rashawd would always keep a key under the mat.

Putting the key into the lock Melodi twist the nob. She found Rashawd sitting on the couch eyes bloodshot red and the aroma of marijuana was very heavy in the air.

"So thats how you gonna handle the situation just walk the fuck away from it?" Melodi asked throwing her keys and phone on the table. Rashawd ignored her as he took one more long pull of his blunt before Melodi snatched it.

"Rashawd I know you fuckin hear me!"

"Melodi get the fuck out my face before I slap the shit out of your grimy ass." Rashawd said as he was about to take a sip of his drank until Melodi snatched it from him and through it at the wall.