chapter 17

A year later.....

Melodi walked out with her belongings as the sun beamed on her face it felt so good to her. It had been a year and a day since she's felt sun. Melodi smiled as she heard the gates close. Melodi was a free woman. Doing that year and a day in prison was hard for her but with the motivation of Rashawd,Jerald,Nina,Spark and her daughter she did that year and she was thankful because she had time to clear her head. Melodi only did a year because Rashawd and her father paid top dollars for her a good lawyer and with the evidence he provided it was a self defense case. But Melodi had to serve some time but with good behavior she did a year and a day.

"Sparkkkkk!!!!"

"Mellllll!!!!"

Both girls ran up and hugged each other.

"Omg bitch you a tru thug!!! I miss you so much Melodi."

"Shut up. I miss you to. Girl I'm so happy to be out that bitch I swear girl I had like five big bitches trying to fuck me!" Melodi said laughing.

"You lying! Omg bitch I would of been in that bitch raising hell." Spark said getting into her 2013 Audi.

"See that's why you ain't me. Girl I tried to get the fuck outta there. When my lawyer explained to me about that good behavior shit girl I swear I was in that bitch like an angel." Melodi said laughing.

"You stupid. I'm happy you out though." Spark said pulling out into the highway.

"Where we going?" Melodi asked.

"Well Rashawd wanted me to get you all cleaned up. Today is your birthday and you know how Rashawd do."

"What today is?" Melodi asked.

"Melodi tell me you ain't forget your birthday."

"I forgot." Melodi said "Girl so much shit been going on I didn't have time to think about it. Even though I had Aslyn a day after my birthday I still didn't remember."

"Well Rashawd told me to get you all dolled up. So lets get to it."

Melodi had gotten her hair laid to the gods. Her hair had grew extremely long and thick. So she had the salon wash it and dye it a lighter blond and just flat iron it straight to the bone.

"Melodi did you ever find out who told them where you were?" Spark asked sitting in the chair next to Melodi getting her feet did.

"Told who?" Melodi asked looking at her nails.

"Told the cops."

"Well they say my moma did."

"Mel?"

"What?" Melodi said staring at Spark.

"I'on like yo damn mama!"

Melodi looked at her and started laughing. "Girl I'on like ha ass eitha. But I ain't sweating it. I'm out and ready to see my man and child so lets go." Melodi said laughing.

Spark allowed the lady to slide her feet into her slides as she said thank you.

"You not gonna pay?" Melodi asked as they walked out.

"Girl Rashawd already did that."

Melodi smiled as she walked to the car. She was ready to see her man.

"Spark who picked this out?" Melodi asked as she entered Sparks bedroom. There was a white dress laid out on the bed similar to the on Melodi had on for her twenty-first birthday. Very similar.