chapter 6

It had been two weeks since Melodi saw Rashawd. Well she would see him every time he picked up Aslyn or dropped her off but it was only "Hi and byes" or "thank yous and your welcomes".

Rashawd had started getting Aslyn two days after he read Melodi's letter. He was angry at first but he knew he had to let Melodi go. Aslyn had became attached to her dad, and Rashawd was very thankful for that. He even met Jason one day when he had to drop Aslyn off. Jason was the one who had appeared at the door. Rashawd just handed Aslyn over and left.

"Melodi can you check on those bake beans and hand me that potato salad out the refrigerator." Yosha asked as she stirred the macNcheese. Melodi took the beans out the oven and placed them on top of the stove. She then handed her mom the potato salad.

"Ma why did you tell Jason about Rashawd and I?" Melodi asked taking a seat on top of the cabinet.

Melodi had finally decided to ask her mom about the situation, she knew her mom would try and flip things so Melodi waited until they were alone. Rashawd had Aslyn and Jason her father and her baby brother was out getting cuts and edges for the party tonight that Yosha decided to throw.

"Because Jason is a very nice guy and he don't deserve to be hurt." Yosha said adding more ingredients to the salad.

"Excuse me? Ma that wasn't your place to tell anything. I'm 22 years old about to be 23 in a couple of months. My business is my business you had no right doing that. What if Jason would've left?"

"If he did I wouldn't have blamed him. I don't know why he's still around because you don't love him and that's low of you to have another man raising your daughter."

Melodi was trying to play these word over in her head maybe she thought she heard her wrong.

"First off I don't have another man raising my damn child two don't tell me who the fuck I love, and three this is the reason I didn't come down when I was pregnant all your negativity, I probably would've had a miscarriage. You ain't perfect ma so you need to step down off that fuckin high horse before someone knock you down. I swear I should've stayed my ass in Cali." Melodi said hopping off the cabinet.

"I invited Rico and Vanessa tonight so just giving you a heads up."

"Ma bye I ain't even about to let you ruin my day. What the hell you invited them for nor you or dad fuck with like that."

"Melodi after you left things needed to get back to normal. Your dad and I talked to Rico and we forgave him."

"Forgave him? That wasn't y'all damn place to do that. Boy y'all messy as fuck. After tonight my ass will be leaving I can't deal with y'all."

Melodi said walking out the kitchen.

It was 7:30 and Melodi was putting her last touches on her make up.

Melodi decided to go simple but cute for her parents cookout. She rocked some low cut white skinny jeans that showed off every inch of her curves, a yellow tight fitted half shirt that showed her tattoos that stood out so well on her flat stomach. It also showed off her piercing that she had in the eye of her hummingbirds that she had on each waistline. She topped that off with her pink yellow and gold heels. Melodi was looking damn good. Melodi grabbed her phone and went downstairs.

She could hear the music playin as she got to the bottom of the stairs. The backyard was filled with people most of all her moms friends. She spotted Jason talkin to her dad and went over to where they were standing.

"Hey dad, Hey baby" Melodi said as she spoke to her dad and Jason.

"Hey baby girl" her dad said kissing her on the cheek.