Chapter 3: Tsunade's Story

"Eeek!! This is the most expensive gambling den!!" A companion named Shizune pointed out in exasperation.

"Pipe down, will you... let's go!" Tsunade walks inside the building and looks at the men sitting around the table, recognizing her. She lowers the bag full of cash money in front of them. "I want to turn all this money into chips."

"This person..." One of the guys murmured while staring at her in surprise.

"Who is she?" The man with the glasses asked beside him in a whisper.

"You don't know? This person has a nickname!" He answered. "The legendary..."

"The legendary...?" The man repeated and waited for him to say it.

"The legendary sucker!" He described, much to the others' amusement.

"Gah!!! Look how happy they are already!!!" Shizune panicked as she was holding her pet pig tightly.

From that day forward, Naruto and Jiraiya had traveled across from a different town to another. They saw how big the population was below them on the ground.

"Come on, pervy sage! Let's get started with the training!!" The blonde-haired ninja said eagerly.

"Don't get too fired up... We still need to gather information about Tsunade. There is no point in training before we do so..." Jiraiya noted.

"Gather information?" He questioned in puzzlement. Then, later on, they were in the middle of the green landscapes to practice Naruto training where he will be learning one of the important techniques that Jiraiya will show him. Some of the steps will be focusing on his chakra by maintaining to spin the water balloon in his hand as it revolves around in the opposite direction, in order to break it. Passing days and nights of attempting to master the first stage, he finally discovered a method to bring both of his hands to rotate the water balloon to explode successfully. The second stage is to pop a rubber ball as well, but after several times of trying it, his hands and arms had gone numb and sore.

A few moments later, Jiraiya taught him how to concentrate his chakra on his right palm in order to fully maximize his power. It almost took the blonde-haired ninja half an hour to focus on the center point but failed when he started laughing at the thought of the white-haired man's stupid face.

Meanwhile, Tsunade and Shizune went out to go sightseeing and encountered Orochimaru and Kabuto who suddenly showed up in front of them. The snake-like man seeks some medical aid to recover from the third Hokage's reaper death seal in exchange to bring back Tsunade's younger brother Nawaki and her sweetheart Dan to life. But is it possible to resurrect a dead person to live again? That's what Tsunade has been wondering in mind with that question. She was still hung up over the loss of her two loved ones and she wishes to see them again. Though, she still has some time to think about her decision.

In the evening, Naruto and Jiraiya stopped by to eat at the small restaurant or early dinner. Then, they saw Tsunade drinking sake more than once. She could care less if she had almost gone a bit sober. 

They all sat down and discussed a few things about the progress in Naruto's training, which the blonde-haired ninja declares to become a Hokage, much to Tsunade's amusement. He felt slightly insulted by her words of discouragement, leading the two outside to fight. They went on combat to combat but the slug princess is away ahead of him by flicking her finger with only a single blow that throws him off backward. 

At nighttime, Tsunade was sitting alone on the rooftop, recalling back the memories of her past. She holds the necklace so dearly at the time where her lover Dan once gave it to her as a gift. During the second world war, Dan died fighting in a battle, and Tsunade tried to prevent his death. Yet, it was futile, now that his blood pressure stopped, causing her to develop a hemophobia. Up until now, she retired from any medical involvement and combat.