Chapter 8: Choji vs. Jirobo

The leaf squad was huddled up together as they listened to Shikamaru devising the strategy out in a whisper.

"Kiba, don't miss the timing when you use the smoke bomb," he instructed.

"Roger," he replied back.

"Alright, let's split into two squads," Shikamaru ordered.

Kiba then carefully peeks out the bushes to see the Sound Four, rusting the leaves noisily, whereas Neji was scanning through the barrier surrounding the coffin. However, there was a doubt that they would kill Sasuke in such a hurry, considering how much they wanted him.

All of a sudden, Sakon threw a kunai knife in a swish that fused onto the tree, much to Shikamaru and Neji's astonishment. They jumped out of their hideout as soon as possible once it exploded, causing them to fall back.

The rest of the squad were now facing the Sound Four and Jirobo quickly placed his palms on the ground, performing the Earth Barrier Clay Prison technique. It trapped them in a wall with no escape, which drains away all of their chakras by his hands. A fatal mistake that they got caught before they could identify the enemy's abilities. There was no way out, even after Kiba and Akamaru attempted to break out, using the Fang Over Fang jutsu. Thus, the wall repairs itself as soon as the damage is inflicted onto it, including the ground.

"Ugh. In a place where chakra is drained away, I can't use Rasengan since it takes too much precise control," Naruto said frustratingly.

"Hey, listen! I want to talk to your leader! We won't follow Sasuke anymore. Please let us out!" Shikamaru begged out formally.

"Hey, dude..." Kiba was speechless at that.

"What are you saying?!" Naruto questioned their leaf squad leader in confusion by what he meant.

"An internal dispute? Heh... Interesting. But all of you are my meal. I can't let you out," Jirobo said, smirking malevolently.

"Then only one is fine. Just let us out. I'm tired of conflicts like this," Shikamaru noted simply, much to the others' shock.

"Hey! Do you understand what you just said?!" Kiba yelled at him heatedly.

Outside the prison wall, Jirobo remarked with a statement, saying. "A fool like you doesn't deserve the position of a leader. What a loser. You are giving up on Sasuke and selling out your comrades, eh?! And you call yourself a shinobi of the leaf village. You should die here... I won't let you out."

Inside the wall of their trap...

"I've lost faith in you, Shikamaru! Come to the back of the room!!" Naruto demanded.

"There is no back to this room, idiot! That's why we got into this mess in the first place," Kiba emphasized.

"Everyone, shut up!!" Choji commanded sternly, much to their shock as Shikamaru was concentrating on his mind calmly at the strategy that he's arranging by placing his fingertips, creating an oval-shaped. The big-boned ninja rapidly starts to keep munching on the chips.

"What are you doing eating all of those snacks all of a sudden?!" Naruto questioned.

"He's eating like crazy when he loses his temper. Man, another useless guy," Kiba muttered under his breath.

"Damn, it seems like I have to use my Shadow Clone jutsu," the blonde-haired ninja suggested.

"Don't. The walls around us are shielded heavily with the enemy's chakra. Even if you damage them a little, they will repair themselves just as quickly. This means that if we are to penetrate this wall, we must use a focused physical attack concentrated at one point," Neji explained.