Chapter 10: Kiba vs. Sakon

There are only three people in the leaf squad left and they never know if they will ever catch up to their enemies.

"We've got two more, so it's three against two. If we play our hand right, we might be able to finish it in the next encounter, Shikamaru noted as a reminder.

"Alright! Let's do this!!" Naruto said eagerly in determination.

"No... It's four against two," Kiba pointed out when Akamaru barked. "Next time, we'll finish it quickly with our new techniques!!"

"Hey, hey! If things get tight, I'll just use my Shadow Clone jutsu, so don't worry," Naruto suggested.

"That's good to hear, but strategy comes first. Got it?" Shikamaru instructed as they all nodded in agreement.

Elsewhere, Orochimaru anxiously waits for Sasuke to come and use him as a vessel since his body is obsolete after failing his plan of destroying the leaf village.

Meanwhile, two members of the Sound Four stopped moving because they have no clue as to what happened to Jirobo and Kidomaru. Eventually, from that moment on, the leaf squad caught up with them, much to Sakon's willingness to take them down.

Naruto instantly threw a kunai knife towards his direction but missed it as soon as Sakon was ready to strike. Though Kiba confronted him, he was punched back, leaving the blonde-haired ninja to attack Sakon with the Rasengan. However, he grabbed his wrists to prevent it from happening. "Damn!! Now, Kiba!" His shadow clone disappeared, just when Kiba hit Sakon with his Piercing Fang technique, thus damaging the tree in a puff of smoke.

"They placed us both in a straight path, so they were aiming for this!" Tayuya thought carefully until a shadow completely captured her, underneath her feet. "Shit... dammit!!! What?! A diversion?! It's coming!!" She quickly looked over at Kiba, swirling rapidly to take the coffin with his bare hands successfully.

"Tayuya! What the hell are you doing?!" Sakon shouted angrily in puzzlement.

"Catch it!" Kiba swiped the coffin to the blonde-haired ninja as they both went ahead to escape as soon as possible. Unfortunately, Sakon began to transform into his level 2 curse seal and chased them.

"You're not getting away!!" He exclaimed in a hiss.

"Akamaru!!" Kiba cried out when he saw his dog finish setting the bomb tag on the tree branch, barking twice. "Hurry up! Let's go!"

"Stop howling, you bitch!" Sakon snarls at Akamaru, who then quickly runs off but accidentally cracks the paw of his own feet. Therefore, he stumbled down among the tree leaves in pain.

The bomb tag was starting to fizz out slowly, whereas Kiba grabs Akamaru away to save him from the explosion behind them. Whilst, they had fallen off the cliff, along with Sakon, much to their dismay.

On the other hand, Tayuya was dashing towards Naruto and Shikamaru, who was currently trying to figure out what they're going to do.

"Damn!!" The blonde-haired ninja cursed under his breath.

"I'll do something about this. You gotta take that coffin and go on ahead!!" The smart-headed ordered hastily.

"But..." Naruto protested.

"Hurry!!!" Shikamaru demanded.

All of a sudden, they froze on their spot, unable to move or look at who's behind them, much to their shock. Both of them flinched when they saw a horrendous enemy who grabbed the coffin in the blink of an eye.

"Sorry about that. Seems like I miscalculated," Shikamaru murmured with his gritted teeth in annoyance.

"You're too late, Tayuya," The enemy said monotonously and continued on. "Also... Where are the other three? You, who were once one of the 'five.'"