Chapter 4: A Day Off

On the training grounds, Neji and Tenten heard the news about Tsunade returning back to the hidden leaf village. They found out that she is now the fifth Hokage.

Elsewhere, Asuma-sensei and his students went to eat at the barbecue place as a special treat for Choji after tirelessly participating on the chunin exams.

"Woohoo! Those delicious meats are all for me!" He cheered.

"I guess Shikamaru will be the one paying," Ino giggled hysterically.

"Oh, jeez. Don't drag me into this," the lazy ninja muttered under his breath as he placed his palm upon his cheek while resting on his elbow. "Man. The more he eats, the more likely he will end up going back to the hospital with stomach pain again." He thought dully and sighed as usual.

Inside the hospital, Sakura was watching over Sasuke's unconscious form and the state of his condition he is currently in. She was hoping for him to get better once he's fully awake, so that they can go on the missions together. She was contemplating whether or not she is able to do her best to help him.

"May I come in?" A voice spoke out gently, which startled the pink-haired kunai hi to glance back and look at the new visitors.

"Who are you?" She asked in surprise. "She's beautiful."

"Sakura! She's a great doctor! Sasuke will be alright now!" Naruto chirped out behind Tsunade's back in enthusiasm.

Sakura's frown turned into a smile of relief at his words, whereas Tsunade noticed two flowers that were displayed on the table. "I heard some things from Guy-sensei. Please... Please help Sasuke." She pleaded calmly with desperation and observed her checking the boy's temperature, using a medical technique to heal him.

"He'll wake up soon," Tsunade said in assurance and the rest of them were waiting for a few minutes.

The dark-haired ninja fluttered his eyes open and got up in a sitting position steadily. He was still in an exhausting state, though he was beginning to cope up.

"Sasuke!!" Sakura quickly wrapped her arms around him as her tears kept falling down on her face.

Naruto, on the other hand, was staring at them blankly, then he realized how much she truly cared about him. He felt a little sad but was able to smile because he knew now that he can't have her. He left the room as soon as possible and didn't want to react to what he just witnessed.

"Hmm... Naruto's more sensitive than he looks," Tsunade thought curiously.

Later on, she was in the room with Guy as she was carefully examining Rock Lee's body. She found out that he is in no condition to continue being a shinobi. There are numerous bone fragments lodged within vital parts of his surgery, but not only will it require a large amount of time. Therefore, it is also incredibly risky, considering the fact that the highest rate of success for such an operation would only be half the chance. Even if it is successful, he must endure extensive rehabilitation.

After Lee walked out of the room sulking with his crutches, Tsunade and Guy couldn't help but feel pity that he had to quit. It would be difficult for him if he stayed as a shinobi. Inevitability cannot be delayed.

At the Ichiraku Ramen place, Naruto was telling Iruka-sensei about what happened on his mission to find Tsunade and whilst battling off with Jiraiya and Shizune against Orochimaru and Kabuto.

"I used my new ultimate move, the Rasengan and it was awesome," the blonde-haired ninja explained with action gestures, which Iruka smiled heartedly at. Then a moment later, he parted ways and decided to go see how Sasuke is doing.

Back at the hospital, Sakura was silently peeling off one of the apples near the bed, where Sasuke was reminiscing the memory of his brother's words being spoken coldly to him. He felt weak at that time and didn't have the strength to fight him. He couldn't accept the fact that he got defeated at their first encounter. Remembering a while back when he fought with the others during the invasion, he was hating himself more by the lack of power he had shown towards his enemies. Seeing Naruto's summoning transformation of the Nine-Tailed fox was making him feel angry.

"Sasuke, do you want some apples?" She asked happily until the dark-haired ninja gave her a distinctive glare.

He whipped them out of her grasp carelessly as they scattered around the floor in a sticky mess, much to her dismay. "Sasuke...?!" The pink-haired kunoichi didn't have any clue as to why he was acting a bit strange.

Somewhere else in the woods, only one knows...

"The time has finally come. Head for the hidden leaf and find him," the snake-like man ordered in a hiss.

From the depths of Orochimaru's snake pit, the Sound Four returns.