⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀FIVE.

third person pov

third person pov

ever since jiho met taehyung, there was a buzzed feeling going on in her head. in addition to that buzz, he seemed to be perfectly capable of making her laugh and blush. "i've missed you so much." he said, placing his hand over hers.

his friends had left long ago and it was now dark outside. he stared down at her hand and she smiled. "why do you seem so sad?" jiho asked.

"it is my fault that you're in here—"

"no, it isn't. you told me that you pulled me out of the way of that car. after that i just slipped. i've always been clumsy." she smiled. even though jimin had told him the same thing earlier, taehyung only felt better when jiho said it.

she squeezed his hand in hers and he surprised jiho by hugging her. she wrapped her arms around him, reciprocating the hug, and became lost in his scent. it made her happy, feeling him so close. he was just so comfortable and warm. he made her heart pound. he kissed her cheek, surprising her once again. taehyung caught himself and moved back.

"i'm so sorry. the doctors told me not to move so fast with you. i'm sorry." he said. he was saying that but his eyes were looking down at jiho's lips. she smiled and placed a hand to the side of his face. she pulled him closer to her and easily pressed her lips to his.

if she thought that her head was fuzzy earlier, it was practically vibrating now. taehyung still had the doctor's words in his mind but he wasn't going to be the one to deny her of a kiss; or two. jiho was the shining light of perfection for him and kissing her was like a dream.

his lips slowly pulled from hers and shs smiled. "this one was better than the first one." jiho commented.

"first one?"

"our first kiss..." she said. did he not remember?

"we were sitting in my apartment and jimin was coming over?" she continued. taehyung stared at her, not knowing what to say.

"you don't remember? we were making cookies and we kissed while they were baking. remember?" jiho asked again. she suddenly felt a bit self-conscious. did he really not remember her first kiss? maybe it hadn't meant as much to him.

"y—you remember?" he asked, shocked. he smiled, and pushed back his tears. jiho actually remembered something from her past with him. he was amazed that she even remembered those terrible cookies. back then jiho should not have put him in charge of salt.

"yeah. you ruined those cookies. why would you put so much salt in?" jiho said, speaking his thoughts. he quickly hugged her again and she smiled, accepting it.

her mind wandered back to her apartment and she frowned. that same couch that she'd kissed on...

taehyung pulled away from her, his face beaming. her frown grew deeper as she pictured that couch. jiho could remember him yelling as her face stung. jiho remembered how her tears only made the stinging worse. he'd hit her.

jiho eyes began to tear up and tried to swallow the huge lump in her throat. her mind sped through images of his face and his fists bruising her own body. taehyung called her name but she was far too caught up in the memory of her boyfriend to respond.

taehyung watched as jiho fell deeper and deeper into her thoughts and he became worried. "jiho?" he called, touching her shoulder. jiho jumped away from his hand and her breathing escalated.

this isn't my boyfriend.

the thought brought tears to her eyes and jiho could feel the panic rising.

"jiho, are you okay? what's wrong?" he asked in his eerily familiar worried voice.

"mark is going to be so mad at me."