Chapter 6: One Battle Witnessed

Scarlett had been resting for about an hour by lying against a tree where there wasn't snow or cold air, when suddenly she heard a sound. It had sounded like some sort of battle cry. She stood up and scanned the area through the darkness of the night and the patches of falling snow, but couldn't spot anything. Then she heard the sound again, although slightly lower. It also sounded closer. She flew upwards and looked around, then caught the sight of an area where trees had been seemingly knocked or cut down. Towards the right end of the area were two figures battling. Her eyes widened as she realized who they were and quickly flew over to them.

"North! Bunny!" she shouted as North barely managed to dodge a boomerang that Bunny had thrown.

"Scarlett!" they both exclaimed, and they turned towards her, temporarily pausing the fight.

"We're fightin' for your love, sheila!" Bunny declared, and he and North resumed their battle. Bunny dodged a blow from one of North's swords as he threw an egg bomb at him, its explosion knocking North back into a tree.

Scarlett looked in horror at what was currently happening because she had been unable to control her powers. One of them could kill the other! It almost happened, too, as Bunny just barely was able to dodge yet another blow from North. A strong feeling of guilt filled Scarlett's consciousness. This was her fault. All her fault.

"S-stop!" her commanded with little confidence. "Stop f-fighting! I don't w-want you to fight!" North and Bunny stopped their battle and looked at Scarlett.

"Then what would you rather have us do?" North asked her. Scarlett was taken aback by his desire to take commands from her.

"I...I want you to be nice to everyone, including each other...and stop...loving me," she told them. It was North and Bunny's turn to look shocked.

"Stop lovin' you?" Bunny questioned. "I can be nice, but I can't stop lovin' ya."

"And I can be even nicer," North said, "but I love you too much to let go. More than Bunny does."

"Is there anythin' else ya want us ta do?" Bunny asked Scarlett after casting a glare at North.

"No...," Scarlett mumbled, and, with that, North and Bunny left, North by portal and Bunny by tunnel. Scarlett was left alone in the dark. She decided to fly for a bit, keeping her eye out for lights below so that she wouldn't accidentally fly above any human civilizations. Eventually, she landed and realized that she had left her bow back where she had last rested.

But as she sat down on the ground, not bothering to go get it, she felt her mind fading out of the present, and into the past.  

(A/N: All follows, votes, and comments are appreciated. :)

I will upload a chapter every week unless otherwise stated.

I also posted this fanfiction on DeviantArt and Quotev under accounts of the same username as the one I have on this website.

Disclaimer: I don't own "Rise of the Guardians" (© DreamWorks Animation) or the Guardians of Childhood series (© William Joyce) that it was based off of.)