Chapter 11 - rosebud024

Chapter 11 was written by rosebud024

Sang

Knowing you're going to be on a "team" with nine other people, guys, is much different once you've met them all. Before, I wasn't sure what to expect. At first, I had no idea where I would be staying, and who would be near me, if anyone. Then I met Kota. He was kind to me—welcoming. He said my room would be on the same floor as he and his brothers. I figured that just meant coexisting and crossing paths every so often. No.

In less than three days, I'm shipped away by my family, meeting my floor mates, getting all their phone numbers and hanging out with them. Is this normal? Do people just do that? Do they just welcome strangers into their home without learning anything about them? I could be a serial killer for all they know! They could be serial killers!

You're crazy, Sang. I fall back onto my bed and sigh.

I know.

A little tune broke me out of my thoughts and I looked to my nightstand. The screen on my new cellphone is lit up. I forgot I have that now. I reach over and snatch it up and read the alert.

Gabriel: this is going to sound fucking weird, but it's completely normal, I swear. Before classes start next week, you and I have a date with Victor's AmEx.

AmEx? What's an AmEx?

Gabriel: I saw your closet, you cannot live the rest of your life in Academy uniforms. Or the three outfits you brought.

Sang: What's an AmEx?

Gabriel: A credit card. And DON'T argue. You seem like a girl who would argue. We're damn well buying you clothes.

What?! They don't need to buy me new clothes!

Sang: You don't need to do that! I have $200 saved up, I can buy them.

Gabriel: Oy! I thought I told you not to argue! Victor, tell her not to argue.

Huh?

Victor: Don't argue, Princess.

How...? I'm starting to think I don't know how the world works. Was Victor there the whole time? My phone makes the noise again, reminding me I'm in the middle of a conversation.

Luke: It's best not to argue, Sang. Gabriel always wins.

Luke? Where'd he come from?

Silas: Aggele, save your money for yourself. Get yourself something nice someday.

What is happening? Can they just hack our conversations whenever they want? Do these special phones do that?

Sang: Where did all you come from? I thought I was talking to Gabriel?

Nathan: It's a group text, Sang. We can have multiple people texting at once.

Oh. Cool!

Gabriel: Look at the top of your screen, it should say a couple names. It means there are more than two people talking.

Sang: That's so awesome! Is it hard to do?

Victor: Sang, we can spend some time going over your phone together, if you'd like. Teach you how to use it.

Sang: I'd like that, Victor.

Luke: Oh, pick me! I want to spend time with Sang, too!

I giggle, imagining Luke saying that.

Luke: Want to bake some "Welcome Back" cupcakes with me?

North: No.

Luke: I wasn't asking YOU.

North: Go to bed.

Luke: You go to bed.

North: I am in bed, dipshit!

Kota: Cut it out, you two. We should all go to bed.

Sang: Goodnight, Kota.

Kota: Goodnight, Sang.

My phone seems to go crazy after that.

Luke: GOODNIGHT

Gabriel: G'night!

Nathan: Night

Silas: Goodnight, Aggele Mou.

Victor: Sweet dreams, Princess.

North: night

Sang: Goodnight everyone. And yes, Luke. I'd love to bake cupcakes.

Luke: Ha! Yes! I win, North!

I smile and power down my phone before slipping under the covers. They can't be serial killers. They're all far too kind. They will make very good friends, though. My new friends. My first friends.

I fall asleep then, thinking about how this place may actually become my home. Because, for once, I feel at peace.

~*~

Authors' note:

We all would like to say thank you for reading our collaborative story. We had a ton of fun writing it together for you all!

Don't forget to check out the other stories by our authors!  

SynchroClaire
LABoruff
BLTS2004
Katydids
BelindaPeters-Waine,
a_force_of_nature
rosebud024 (me)