Chapter 15

"See first you have to take all the x's and then equate them with this linear equation and then you have to do the same process for the next one." I explained Felicia while we were sitting in the library doing algebra.

"What about the y's then?"

"That we will do later, first complete this one."

"I need a break girl. I'm tired of this shit."

"Wait a minute I should be the one saying that, not you. I'm teaching you since past one hour but you can't get anything inside your head."

"Not my fault that you are a bad teacher." She said and laughed.

"Excuse me!" I said in an angry voice because I was tired of teaching this girl the same thing again and again. Her brain was too dumb to understand algebra.

"Girls maintain silence please," the librarian said in a shrill voice.

"I fucking hate you. I'm not teaching you this anymore." I said and left the room

The moment I reached outside I saw Adam and Ethan standing there talking about something with a serious expression on their face's. I went to say hello but they didn't really look happy to see me, they were actually stunned seeing my face and Ethan immediately left after bidding a goodbye to both of us.

"What's wrong?" I asked Adam.

"Nothing." He replied coolly.

"There is something. Why did Ethan act so strange?"

"He's just stressed about the annual exam."

"Why did he leave like that then?"

"Stop asking so many questions like a FBI agent. It's nothing. He's gone home to study."

"I know you guys are hiding someth-" Before I could complete my line, there was an announcement made on the microphone which scared the shit out of me.

Good morning students! The results for the singing competition is out, the performances were really great and I'm proud of all my students who participated. The name's of all the students will be kept a secret for the second round too. So the five people who got selected are Joseph, Emily, Ana, Aaron and Eva. The second round will be next week so prepare yourself because the person who wins this competition will get a chance to have their own music video. Have a good day students!

Ommmgggggg! I got selected. I can't believe this. A chance to have my own music video? Damn. That was my dream since childhood.

"Congratulations Addie." Adam said and hugged me tightly.

"Congratulations for what?" Felicia asked.

Shit when did she come?

"Nothing. It's nothing." I said to brush off the topic.

Felicia stared both of us for a minute and then said, "Shit you participated for the singing competition, didn't you?"

"No. I did not."

"Yes you did baby. I know your secret now." She said and winked at me.

"No Fel I didn't." I said in my defence.

"Come on Addie, what's the point in hiding?" Adam said

"Okay fine. Keep it a secret okay? Eva is me and I got selected for the next round." I said to Felicia.

"That's so great Adaline. I'm so proud of you."

"Thankyou but you are supposed to keep this a secret Fel."