Chapter 31

Happy Reading :)
.
.
.

It's exactly six o'clock in the evening but Adam is not here yet. Sienna and I already prepared the food for our dinner party today and I am eagerly waiting for Adam to come home. I called him numerous times but he didn't answer any of my calls, with every passing minute I am getting more and more anxious.

"He'll be here soon. Don't worry," said Sienna while preparing the dinner table.

"I don't know why I'm getting so worked up. Adam isn't even picking up my calls, he never ignores my calls you know. If he's busy he atleast leaves a text but I have no idea why he's ignoring me like this.. "

"He left because his dad called him right?"

"Yes. That's what Racheal told me."

"So there might be something up with his family. Don't worry Ad, he'll come here soon and tell you everything," Sienna said and gave me a hug.

"Are you excited to meet Eric finally?" I asked to change the subject because I didn't want to think about Adam anymore.

"I am nervous honestly. We haven't seen each other since two months. This is the longest I have been without seeing his face. It feels a bit weird," she confessed.

"He's nervous too. But I'm glad he finally agreed to meet you."

"Yes me too. I was a bit scared to tell Alex about this but he's happy that Eric is coming."

"You know my brother is not the jealous type guy. He knows how much you love him so he doesn't care about Eric or any other guy falling for you. Infact he was upset when Eric decided to stop talking to you because he knows how important Eric is for you."

"I didn't know about this. Was he really upset about that?"

"Yes. Don't tell him about this though. He asked me to convince Eric to become friends with you again."

She chuckled and said,"I can't believe Alex asked you to do that! I always thought he didn't like me talking about Eric a lot."

"You are not supposed to tell him this but."

"I won't. But that's so sweet of him. I think I'm falling more in love with your brother every day," Sienna said and blushed like a high school girl sick in love.

"You girls should stop gossiping about your love life and set the table. It's already six thirty, Adaline's friends will be here any minute," I heard mum say in the background which made both of us giggle. We immediately started helping mum in setting the table. Alex came downstairs after a few minutes and helped us too.

"Congratulations my little sister for winning the competition, you ready to party tonight?" Alex asked and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Yes I am," I said and grinned like a Cheshire cat.

Once the dining table was set by mum she kissed me on my cheeks and said, "I'm going to be upstairs. You children have fun tonight."

"We will." Sienna and I said in unison.

The doorbell rang and Alex went to answer it. "Hey congratulations man. I'm really happy for you," I heard Alex say. We all immediately guessed that it was Eric. Sienna got a bit tensed but nevertheless she walked towards the door with a bright smile on her face and said, "I'm so glad you decided to come Eric."

"Long time no see old friend," said Eric bashfully.

Sienna chuckled and said, "Yes I know. Come in Adaline's waiting for you."