Chapter 12

The young fox demon looked into the sky in the direction of the Hyuga compound. She smelt Neji, so he was worried? She shook her head, she wasn’t sure. Should she move? But his eyes might already be on her. She put her head back down on her paws, not knowing what she would even say.
When Neji finally arrived he walked in front of her. She looked up at him not saying anything. The air was pretty heavy between the both of them. “Hiko.”

“What do you want?” She asked.

“You haven’t returned, I thought I should go get you.”

“You don’t have to fetch me like I am some pet.” She got up, “Really Neji, why are you here?”

“Where is your dress?” He looked around, “You forgot it laying somewhere again didn’t you?”

“Don’t change the subject.”

Neji took off his shirt and handed it to her, “I want to talk to the other form.”

Hiko looked at him and at the shirt. She rolled her eyes, “What difference does it make? I’m still me.”

“Hiko…” He pulled his shirt away, and put it back on. “I didn’t reject you this morning.”

“Uh huh,” She rolled her eyes once again. “You didn’t give me an answer, how should I have known. All you did was lay out the issues we will face right off the bat instead of saying yes or no. Laying down the issues is of course a no in my book. If it was a yes, it was a crappy way of saying yes.”

“I apologize.” He walked to her. “I do like you Hiko, more than I have anyone. We do have to move smart if we are going to work out.”

Hiko looked right at him, “Neji…” She transformed and hugged him. “I know we do. It’s just… the age doesn’t matter because of our feelings, and I know that you will always try to return on a mission. I know the ninja life isn’t easy, but I think out of all non ninja I would be the best at understanding.” She hugged him tighter.

Neji put his arms around her, and placed his head on hers. “The age rate doesn’t bother you?”

“Not really, what bothers me is if you would even make it to that age… But isn’t that all true with everyone in a relationship with a ninja?”

Neji nodded his head. “That it is… Shall we return?”

She pulled away, “If we really have too.” She transformed so that way Neji wouldn’t have to give up his shirt. She walked at his side letting him lead, she really didn’t want to return just yet. “You know,” Hiko started, “I’m glad you showed up…”

Neji looked at her. “I didn’t think you would’ve taken it as rejection.”

“You need to let your feelings known first before talking about issues…” She looked ahead, “Oh well, what’s done is done, as long as it’s fixed right?”

*********
Hiko couldn’t believe two weeks from when she was kidnapped had passed so quickly. She looked at the moon within the Hyuga compound feeling dependent on the clan, as once again she was human. She hated not knowing all the scents of who has where so if she needed someone she couldn’t just track them in which she was used to. She sighed, walking into the gardens. She looked around, everyone was going to sleep as the compound was finally settling down.

“Hiko,” Takuya walked to her, “What are you doing out here?”

Hiko shrugged, “Just walking around I guess. You?”

“Just got back from a mission, I need to relax some.”

Hiko nodded her head. “I get that.” She sat down on the bench he soon joined her.

“You and Neji huh?”