seven.

I arrived at Addie's house a few hours before the party started because I couldn't get her off my mind. she was so beautiful and fiercely independent, she was everything that I wanted. I rung her doorbell and adjusted my shirt to make sure I looked good for her, but when I opened the door and saw a guy with curly hair, my prepping wasn't necessary.

"Damn." He spoke. "It's like I'm looking in a fun-house mirror that made me white and tall." He laughed.

"Hey, I'm looking for Addie-" I began to say, but then I saw her. She was laughing and giggling in the arms of some tall, skinny guy covered in these horrible tattoos and was lifting her up and spinning her, which is a giant surprise he can even do that; not that Addie is heavy or anything, it's just that he's that skinny. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. "Never mind, I found her." I laughed, trying to cover this feeling. I haven't felt this feeling before but it's almost like a deep hatred and a disappointed, and I have no idea why.

She was looking up at him and smiling right before she turned to me. "Ashton, hey, you're so early." she said, running over to me and giving me a hug. "Trent, this is Ashton." She said, one of my arms wrapped around my waist.

"Nice to meet you, dude." He laughed, taking a drink from a solo cup. "You want a drink? I make the best drinks."

"It's true. He has a really good shot as a mixologist if his acting career goes down the toilet." She teased him, biting her lip as she looked over at him. She released me from her grip and walked over to Trent, him putting his arm around her. "What do you say? You wanna pre-game with us?" she giggled.

I shrugged, letting out a laugh. "Sure, why not."

-

The party was alive and well and I was with the usual suspects. Calum was looking for some girls to take home and Luke, Michael, and I were laughing at his failure. I haven't seen Addie anywhere for the past hour, I only came her to see her and it sucked that she wasn't around me. I don't know why I was getting so possessive over her. She wasn't mine, but I so desperately wanted her to be. I was about to walk away and look for her when I felt a hand grab my wrist. I turned around and I saw Jen. She looked amazing. She was wearing a sheer crop top with those weird X things over her nipples that i always see on strippers and Instagram models and some ripped jeans that I helped her destroy. "Well, don't you look sexy." She screamed into my ear over the loud music.

"I was just about to say the same thing to you." I bit my lip, looking down at her. "I didn't know you knew Addie.".

"Yeah, she dated my step-brother a year or two ago." She replied, wrapping her arms around my neck, pulling me closer to her. "Tell me, why haven't you been returning my texts? I've been missing your touch, baby." she spoke, pulling me closer and closer to her face. I could smell the faint hint of alcohol on her breath. She wasn't drunk, but she was getting there, hell, come to think of it, I might be there myself. She pulled me in and gave me a kiss, pulling away shortly after.

"I meant to baby, I've been busy." I lied. Well, only slightly. I didn't respond because I didn't want to and I was busy thinking about how to make Addie mine. I looked up and saw Addie heading towards the backyard, now was my chance to make my move.

I pushed through a crowd of angry, sweaty people that were either barred out, drunk, or both just to get to her, but I wish I didn't. The second I turned the corner, my body was filled with that same feeling of anger and disgust, but it was extreme now. Addie had her arms locked around Trent's neck while his hands were roaming down to her äss, squeezing it as if they were the only two people in the world. He was holding her close, so close that I felt like if he held her any tighter their bodies would become one. My lungs felt like they could give out at any moment. My skin felt tight and the only way I could describe this pain was like screaming and nobody was able to hear.

Luke wrapped his arm around my shoulder and laughed, looking at exactly what I was looking at. Part of me wanted to snap his neck. Part of me wanted to scream and cry from her not being with me. "I heard he asked her out tonight." He said, letting out a burp. "I guess she said yes." He laughed. I scoffed, rolling my eyes and walking away from him, him falling to the floor from how heavily intoxicated he was. I should've realized he was using me for support, but the damage was already done.

I walked towards Jen and grabbed her waist, pulling her into me. "How about we do the things thar we say on text tonight?" I spoke, biting my lip as I looked down at her.

"What happened to next week?" She laughed, biting my ear after she spoke. She was a tease, and there is nothing I loved more than a tease.

"Well, I changed my mind. I want what I want, and what I want is to be on top of you." I spoke. My anger mixed with the alcohol was really clouding my judgement, but I don't care, I couldn't care.

After all, why should I be jealous over someone who doesn't even want me?

-

10 bucks to whoever can guess who Trent and Jesse are irl.