Hold it Back

-----Fionna's POV-----

   Last night, I was in my room, talking to Valerie, telling her everything that has happened since she was gone, except for Terrance. I didn't tell her about him, because I promised Evy I wouldn't tell anyone, and Valerie was part of 'everyone'.

   I went back to the kitchen for some water for Valerie and I, and I saw Evelyn on her phone. I stood in front of her, and she looked up at me. She looked down at her phone, then at me, once more. I snatched the phone away from her hands, before it was out of reach, and looked over her screen. What it looked to me, was Evy planning to sneak Terrance over here tonight. I looked up at her,

   "Really?" I asked, hands on my hips, throwing her phone back to her.

   "Uhh," she stuttered, looking around nervously.

   "You need to fix things, and, not get your self trouble, alright?" I raised an eyebrow. Evy nodded, and I nodded back, got 2 cups of water and went back to my room, to see a waiting Valerie.

   "Oh, back finally?" she joked, "Will Evy be joining us this evening?" she smiled.

   "Uh, no,"

   "Oh," her smile faded, and she looked down. I handed her a glass of water, "thanks,"

   I wanted to tell Valerie about Terrance, but I just couldn't. Who knows how she'll react?

   Then I heard a quiet knocking, and someone open the door. It must Terrance.

   "Did you hear that?" Valerie asked, standing up.

   "Uhh, it was nothing," I covered quickly.

   She eyed me suspiciously, and sat down slowly, "Okay,"

   I nodded my head, and listened to Evelyn, and I heard the whole couch scoot, and a quiet 'oof,' or something. Then shuffling past my door, a few moments later, that I waited for by talking to Valerie. Not even a minute before more, but louder this time. A door open, and close.

   "That's it, I am going out there," Valerie got up impatiently, and stalked out my bed room door. I was a little nervous, I didn't know if anyone left, or maybe they just left the door open, and someone went to close it...

   Valerie came back, and shrugged, sitting back down.

   "There wasn't anyone out there," she sipped her water, then put a look of thoughtfulness on her face. "Wait, is there something I'm missing?" She looked at me, and narrowed her eyes. I froze, should I lie? Tell her the truth?

   "Y-no," I almost said 'Yes,' and I was pretty sure Valerie knew I was holding back.

   "Tell me,"

   "Mm-mm," I clamped my mouth shut, shaking my head.

   "Fionna," her voice lowered, and her eyes narrowing into slits. I sighed,

   "Uh, well, you see, Evelyn, kinda, reunited with her BFF from when she was younger, and, yeah," I smiled, faking a good one, make it believable, so she won't think there's more...

   "Mhmm, there's more, right?"

   "...ok, maybe,"

   "Well?" I held my breath, for no reason.

   "Well, she kinda kissed him, and so she cheated on Kendall, and I saw that Evy planned on having him sneak over tonight, and that's what those noises were, and I don't really know what they're doing," I breathed, saying it all very fast, not really sure if she understood it...

   I'm guessing she heard me, for her face went blank, and she just stared at me.

   "I'm going to bed, " Then she silently got up, and walked out. Her face blank, and straight the whole time. I stuck my tongue out, at myself. Good job, Fionna...