Chapter 5: To Fall Again

As I felt Harry's prescense slowly becoming more and more evident towards me I cringed. I really don't know where all of my confidence went, really. I practically shunned him in front of my friends but better yet I had no problem doing it. But as soon as I was assigned to work with him, the words that stabbed their way into my eardrums made me weak at my knees. 

"Isabella and Harry" replayed in my head, like demons raging war against one another. 

A firm, yet familiar hand grasped onto my shoulder, I knew through my senses Harry had finally reached me. I sighed maybe a little bit too loud, and turned on my heel facing the curly haired boy. He didn't want to do this anymore than I did, which gave me some sort of release. 

"So..."  I start, trying not to stumble over my words. 

"Let'sjustdothis" He said rather harsh and serious. I've never seen Harry like this his eyes almost seemed a complete shade darker, and he wasn't wearing a cheeky smile, what gives? 

"Alllllright ladies and gents assume the position and on the count of 3 my whistle will signify when you begin". Mr. Mason exclaimed.

Harry and I quickly gathered our rope and aligned it with Talia and Lucas. 

"3.......2......1.........GO" Mr. Mason's voice boomed. 

Almost instantly Harry took much of the rope to our side, I wa shruggling with the rope no matter how hard I gripped onto it, it kept on slipping it's way out. 

After a few more seconds of tugging my hands get used to the ropes material and Harry and I eventually overthrown Talia and Lucas. But as soon as they were overthrown I was still pulling on the rope causing me to leap onto Harry. 

He caught me with absolutely no hesitation and my body tensed up. I guess he could feel the uncomfortable posture I was adapting to, so he lead me back to my feet. 

"Sorry..." I said sincerely yet with a shy tone.

"It's alright, and you did.....great" His last words sounded emotionless and barely audible. Was there a bigger picture going on? Truthfully I was always a little hard on myself, blaming every aspect of things I did wrong on myself, of course. But this was a bit different, I just met Harry and I don't want to be emotionally attached but I'm a introvert so I can understand these things a little better than others. 

I grab a hold of Harry before he can shift his way out of class.

"Look, Harry, I'm not really good at this but I'm really.......umm" I begin to stumble

"Sorry?" He says with a cheeky smile. Oh there goes those deep dimples of his....

"Yeah, yeah that word!" We laugh almost in unision. 

After our fit of laughter the seriousness set back in. 

"So are we cool?" I say hesitantly.

"Like a cold Chesire day, Bell" He chuckled. 

"You're so corny Harold" I playfully hit his chest. 

"Harold? When did I say you could call me that? His tone playfully serious.

"When did I say you could call me Bell? I said in a matter - of - factly tone. 

We just stood there in fits of giggles and smiling like idiots at eachother. This was nice, it almost felt like we were in a peaceful oasis in a land of flaws. Strangely enough Harry makes me feel Beautiful and I don't know why, 

"Well, I've got to head to class, see you soon?" He says in a questionable tone. 

"You got it Styles!" Emulating his cheeky twist on things. 

*           *           *

The bell rung and the halls filled with flux's of students and such. As crazy as this day went by I was relieved. Relieved that Harry and I can actually be friends, with nothing else progressing. Trish, Leah, and I re-unite at the sidewalk infront of the school. We chat about how our day went and surprisingly they didn't ask about Harry, but secretly I wanted them to. 

After reaching our own destinations we exchanged goodbye's and went our ways. I couldn't help but realize that the rim of my shirt had a faint smell of Harry. I loved his smell. It was like a peppermint candy with a dash of mint, it made my cheeks burn as I thought of him, as a friend. 

Walking into the mess I call home stood my mother with an excited expression on her face, but I knew that face, I'm going to end up doing something....

"So Hunny you know how you always say you'd like to make friends with people outside of school?"

"Uhuh" I respond unsure.

"Well, a new family just moved in roughly 3 blocks from here and we chit-chatted on things and I think it'd be great if us too, just girls spent dinner, over there" She explains quickly

"What about Da-" she cuts me off "He'll be on his night shift today so it's perfectly fine".

Wow I guess she had this all planned out. Ironically I didn't question who's house we were going to visit, anything to get out of the house and do something.

"Umm.....sure I'll go but can I have a quick change?" I respond.

"Yeah, but hurry we're leaving in half an hour.." and with that I jolted up the stocky stairs and made my way to my room vigorously tormenting my closet with my hands. After becoming satisfied with my fashion choice a text lit up on my iPhone.

From: Leah <3

What's up baby girl?

To: Leah <3

Going over for dinner with this new family that just moved in. 

From : Leah <3

stay safe boo <3333333333

To: Leah <3

Oh I will, you clown ;P

I locked my phone instantaniously after sending that last text and met with my mom downstairs. We both strolled towards the car and mad ourselves in. 

I plugged in my earbuds and lost myself in the Music. After what it seemed like only 5 minutes we were there. Woah, This house looked really nice and posh at the same time. As my mom and I slowly approached the doorbell and pattio I took a look at the mail's name, to see what the family name was of course. It read:

"The Styles Family". 

My eyes widened and the door swung open....