Chapter 12 Abby's P.O.V

That asshole. Who the hell does he think he is, saying I could never get into his damn school? I knew I was being irrational since it was only for werewolves but still that was such a ballsy thing to say.

I was pacing in Bridget’s room and my fists were clenching and unclenching. I huffed and tried to reason myself down to being calm.  Aidan didn’t seem to mean it like that. You could see the regret on his face as soon as I stormed out of that room.

A voice said, Yeah, stupid. He’s our mate. He adores us. But I will admit that he was being an ass.

I nodded and then shook my head. I must be seriously going insane. Who the hell talks to a voice in their head?

A cell phone rang and I felt a buzzing on my thigh. I pulled a phone out of a pocket and saw that I had a new text message.

It read, Sometimes I wonder if I had died and gone to heaven whenever I see you smile.

I smiled and then texted back, Who’s this?

Stupidest thing to ask ever because I was pretty sure that Aidan was the only one who would say that to me.

A text came back and it read, Bryan. You’re mom’s friend.

The phone dropped from my fingertips and crashed to the ground as images flashed in front of my eyes. A young girl screaming for help. A man slapping her until she passed out. A mother who grinned evilly from the side while getting off on a rape.

My breath began to come in gasps and I ran out of the room. I sprinted to the kitchen and saw no one was there. I turned around and then hurried to Aidan’s bedroom.

I bumped into Alex and he saw the look on my face before yelling, worriedly, “Aidan! Get your ass down here! Abby’s having a panic attack!”

My hands clutched onto his shirt and I was mumbling something. My eyesight was blackening around the edges and I could hear my heartbeat increasing.

Then, like a god, Aidan pulled me into his arms and murmured sweet words of nothing into my ear. I began to sob wildly while pushing my body into Aidan’s, trying to hide myself in the protective shell of his arms. Aidan rubbed my back and began to bark orders at Alex.

 He asked me why I was crying and the only thing I could get out was, “Phone. The phone.”

 Aidan nodded and yelled at someone to go find the cellphone that had been in my pocket.

Aidan picked me up and carried me bridal style to his office. He set me down on the desk so we were about the same height and then he brushed the tears from my face. I was done crying and now I was taking in great gulps of air as I tried to calm myself.

 Aidan said, “Abby . . . baby, tell me what’s wrong. I want to help you. Please.”

I sobbed, “He-he-he’s go-go-gonna get m-m-me. D-d-don’t let him g-g-get me, A-A-Aidan. P- p- please!”

I grabbed onto his arms and tried not to panic again. I took a deep breath and then said, more calmly, “Help me, Aidan. Oh, please, just help me. Please.”

I wrapped my arms around his neck and tried not to look at his face. I knew we had just met the other day but I had put a lot of faith in this relationship already and if he said no I would die.

 I buried my face into his neck and sighed in content as his arms wrapped around me tightly. I loved the feel of Aidan’s shirt rubbed against my bare skin and his chin on the top of my head.

Aidan whispered, “Of course I’ll help you, love. We’re mates. I’ll help you and protect you until the end of forever.”

I smiled at his words and then pulled away. I looked into my lap while wringing my hands and said, “I really don’t want to talk about it right now, okay? I’ll tell you . . . just not right now.”