Chapter 3 Fate's P.O.V

Wow, Aidan had been more informed than I thought. I had just seen the blue truck come barreling towards Abigail and I had almost intervened until Aidan pulled her back out of harm's way.

 I took a deep breath and then winced as I realized that his secret would be revealed to her now and if their blood mingled . . . well, nothing good would come out of it.

 I had tried to give Abigail another chance to get Aidan to really notice her and this was her time. I wouldn't intervene and I would let what happens happen.

 Kalia and Gail must be surprised that I hadn't made Aidan beat Abigail or anything wretched as most of my romances had ended. It's not like I wanted that to happen, they just chose wretched people to spend the rest of their lives with.

 Take Abigail's mother for example. She had sex with so many of Hell's spawn that it was surprising that the Higher Power would even look at her. I had stopped trying to help her even and I was Fate for people's sake!

 I took my attention back to Abigail and saw her sitting in her car, wrapping her arms. I placed a little doubt into her mind to see if she would take the bait and when she did I almost shoved Aidan into her.

 Aidan had been paralyzed by her eyes as most boys are when they see her. I had made that the most irresistible thing in this girl and if he didn't kiss her, I would definitely be losing my touch. He would know that he couldn't do it in public but if he saw Abigail later, his will wouldn't be so strong.

 I giggled a little at the thought of boys and hormones. God, they were so obvious.

 I smiled as Aidan pulled away and eventually went into the library.

 In my mind I whispered, Okay, Abigail. This is your second chance. Use it or I will. Abigail got into her car and tried to start it. My frustration busted and her key snapped in the ignition.

 Good, now Aidan would be at the table and the power would go out and no phone would have service. Man, I loved this job.