Chapter 20 Abby's P.O.V

Aidan’s eyes seemed to grow as big as saucers and within seconds, his strong arms were crushing me. Aidan’s face was pressed tightly against my neck, inhaling my scent with each breath that he took. I ran my hand up and down his back in a comforting manner that I hoped made him calm enough to explain how the hell I’m still alive.

Aidan began to mumble against the side of my neck and each time his lips brushed gently across the sensitive skin I shuddered. He was saying, “I can’t believe you’re alive. I was so worried and sad when you . . . died, I guess. But what I don’t get is how you’re alive.”

I shook my head and pulled him tighter against me. I said, “It doesn’t matter right now. All I care about is that I’m here and you’re here.”

Aidan pulled away from my neck and then pressed his lips gently against mine. The kiss was slow, sweet, and drugging. Neither one of us rushed like the crazed passion that burned and crackled between us whenever we were in a room. No, this kiss was like starting a fire that eventually led to an inferno. By the time that one of Aidan’s pack members came into the room, my hand were stuck like Velcro in Aidan’s hair and his were on my hips in a bruise inducing, tight grip.

 Aidan’s head moved away from mine and I panted, trying to get oxygen into my lungs. Aidan snapped, “Sax. Not the time.”

Sax’s face was frozen into a mask of panic, shock, and disbelief. Sax said, “Um . . . is that . . .?”

 He trailed off but I stood up from my position on the ground and held my hand out, “I’m Abby. Yes I was dead a few minutes ago. Not really sure how or why I’m alive now but . . . here I am.”

I shrugged and Sax shook my hand quickly. He looked back to Aidan and said, “Well, I um came to tell you about whose pack that man belonged to and also about a um thing that you told me to look into, Aidan. Should I come back later or . . .?”

 I looked at Aidan and his face was a mixture of puzzlement and anger. Aidan looked at me but addressed Sax, “Just say it now, Sax. I’m not leaving my angel alone for a long time.”

I blushed when he called me that but soon my attention was riveted to Sax. He said, “Well, um you asked me to find out who Abby’s biological father was right? Well, he’s actually the one that gave Abby her werewolf gene. He’s an Alpha, Aidan. Of the second largest pack in America. And he’s the one that sent that man whose name is Antonio Jodren.”

I frowned at that. My father was an Alpha? He was a werewolf? He sent someone to kill me? Aidan looked annoyed and huffed, “Fuck. That puts a major dent in my plans. . . . Wait. If he’s an Alpha and he has a mate . . . then how in all things rational is Abby alive right now? And I don’t mean like how did she come back from the dead, we’ll figure that out later.”

Aidan waved his hand as if brushing that topic away for the time being. “How was she born and conceived? Alphas need an heir and Abby’s mom isn’t his mate. I’ve met his mate. Her name’s . . . Patricia? Penelope? Something with a p. It should be physically impossible to have sex with someone other than your mate once you meet them.”

That made me pause. I looked at Aidan and said, “What if they met before my father found his mate? What if they had sex and I was created from an accident? That happens sometimes, right?”

Aidan’s face morphed into a regretful and pained one. He shook his head and said, “No. It doesn’t work like that. A werewolf doesn’t become fertile until they meet they’re mate. No one knows why exactly but people believed we adapted that way since most male werewolves have had sex with others because of their raging hormones. It’s highly unlikely that your father met your mom and conceived you before he met his mate. Maybe he met his mate and then had sex with your mom. It would have been excruciatingly painful for both your father and his mate but I’ve heard the rare times when werewolves get rejected that it happens.”