Chapter 15

Abby's P.O.V

The only thing that I could think of when I saw Aidan’s mom was Oh shit. I’m screwed.

Aidan however had other thoughts because his hand moved inside my panties and I quickly ripped it out and stood up. Aidan growled at me and I tried to hide my eyes behind my hands as I noticed his erection standing at attention between his hips.

I said, “Aidan . . . your mother is right there.”

Aidan slowly turned his head and then saw his mother for the first time. He smiled a tiny smile and then noticed how she was glaring at me with hate burning in her eyes.

He snarled at her and she reprimanded, “Aidan Anthony Mitchell! Don’t you dare snarl at me, young man! You may be Alpha but I am still your mother! And I don’t appreciate you almost fucking someone in my living room!”

My cheeks turned bright pink as I realized how stupid we must look. Aidan is butt naked in front of his mother and I am all disheveled from his wandering hands. I looked at my feet and tried to figure out a way to diffuse the awkwardness in the room.

Aidan’s mother was just standing there in front of us and giving me the dirtiest looks she could ever muster. Aidan was looking at me with a frown on his face and he didn’t even say anything to his mom about her ordering him around.

I took a deep breath and then stepped over Aidan, who was still on the ground, not moving. I held my hand out for his mother and said, “I’m Abby, ma’am. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

 Aidan’s mom scowled at my outstretched hand and then brushed me away as if I were a piece of dust. She pushed me out of the way and I stumbled a little, tripping over my own two feet. Aidan was up in a second, crouching down slightly in front of me, when a massive, gut-wrenching snarl ripped its way through his throat.

He growled, “Mother, you will treat Abby with respect. Now, apologize!”

His mother clearly was not taking this whole Aidan being Alpha and bossing her around thing well. She glared at him and said, “Aidan, I will not show any respect to a common whore that you bring home. I mean seriously, you’re an Alpha now and you can’t keep doing this. I thought you would at least pick up a less stupid looking one. Looks aren’t everything and I want her out of my house. I don’t care how infatuated you are with her.”

I flinched when Aidan’s mom said that I was a whore but I flinched even more when Aidan used his ‘Alpha voice’ as I had been told, “Mother, you are not Alpha anymore and as I understand it, this is the pack house. Not yours. And Abigail will not be going anywhere. Apologize. Now. Or I will kick you out of the pack.”

Aidan mom sighed a little and then said, “Abigail, I apologize.”

I nodded quickly and said, “It’s fine, ma’am.”

She rolled her eyes and then stalked out of the room, yelling someone’s name. I rolled my shoulders and placed my hand on Aidan’s bare back. He stood up from his crouch and turned to me. He gently brushed my hair away from my face and put his other hand on my waist. His body heat made my insides melt and I hesitantly wrapped my arms around Aidan’s neck.

Aidan groaned as my chest pressed against his bare one but he made no move to get away from me. I sighed and then placed my cheek over Aidan’s heart so I could listen to it. The strong and steady thud-thumps made me calm down so I lost all of my anxiety over meeting Aidan’s mom like that.

Clearly, I need to work on first impressions and controlling my attraction to Aidan. Aidan placed his chin on top of my head and didn’t say anything for a while. For a little bit, we just stood there in the middle of the living room, holding each other.