Chapter 13

Aidan's P.O.V

I sighed as I shut the door after Bree and Bridget. Now that I had them out of the house, I could begin planning on how to talk to Abby. She was a newly discovered wolf and she needed to learn that her emotions were now multiplied. I knew that her wolf was strong and was seriously pissed at me.

I mean, I guess I accidently insinuated that Abby’s wolf wouldn’t be able to get into the school but I hadn’t known!

I ran a hand over my face and decided to wing it. The worse that could happen would be she yelled at me, right?

 Or refused to be our mate, my wolf put in so kindly.

I huffed and completely ignored him. I stomped up the stairs and walked to Bridget’s room. I knew that Abby had run in here after she got pissed.

I knocked lightly on the door and called, “Abby? Can I come in?”

After a few minutes of hearing nothing, I opened the door to find an empty room. A burst of panic attacked me and I ran down the stairs, I slammed open my office door to find Alex sitting there still.

I rushed out, “Abby’s gone. She’s gone, Alex. She’s gone.”

My voice had been stronger at the beginning and now it sounded broken. Alex stood up and immediately began talking with the pack about if they had seen Abby.

 I sat down at my desk and put my head in my hands. Oh, god, what happens if she had been taken? Or worse, what happens if she had been taken by hunters? Oh, shit, I was going to make myself sick with worry.

I ran back up to Bridget’s room and tried to see if I could smell her scent. The funny thing about Abby was I never could smell her unless we were closer than two feet. It was weird and I began to panic even more when I couldn’t tell how long she had been gone.

Fuck, this was bad. Really, really, really bad. I opened up my connection to Bree and Bridget and almost yelled in frustration when I found they had their blocks up.

No one would understand how I was in complete and utter distress. My mate was fucking missing and the only two people that had befriended her weren’t fucking answering me

I hurried back downstairs and found Saxon, my third in command, standing in the middle of the living room giving commands and details about finding Abby.

I made up my mind about what I was going to do and quickly cut Sax off mid-rant, “The most important thing is finding Abby, okay? I’m leaving Alex in charge until I come back and you will follow his ideas even if they sound stupid. I have complete trust in my brother and you will too.”

 I ran to the garage after that and punched my fist into the wall when I saw my car wasn’t there. Bree and Bridget would be having hell to pay for taking my damn car without asking.

I grudgingly walked over to my other car that was a midnight black that could only go up to a hundred miles per hour. I got into the car and slammed my foot down onto the gas pedal. I was going to need all the speed I could get since I had to travel three hours to get to Kyle and Abby doesn’t have that time to waste.       

Abby’s P.O.V

I was currently getting my hair cut by a chick named Lainy that clearly hated me. I had gotten a ‘mani/pedi’ as Bree had been calling it and now my nails were all light lavender.

 I had no idea how short my hair was going to be but when another long piece of my hair fell onto my lap I began to freak out.

I said, “Um, how long is my hair going to be? I really don’t like short hair. I mean, it’d be fine if you did that but-”