Chapter 15 - Christmas With the Parents

Ronnie

The girls wake us early this morning, ready to open gifts. We talk them into getting dressed first and Tyler hurries downstairs to make a quick breakfast for everyone. We finally make it downstairs meeting Tyler in the living room with breakfast so we can eat and have coffee while we watch as the girls open their gifts. Tyler makes the breakfast version of pigs in a blanket so we can eat breakfast as finger food. The girls love it and dips some into honey before eating it.

The girls finally start opening their gifts from Santa first. We have spoiled them both so much like I know I do Amy every year. Sol once told me that this is a big time for Meg also. I think it was almost too much with all four of us buying gifts for the two of them. We had to come up with a system that when someone wanted to buy something for either of them, we let everyone else know, to make sure the gift hadn't already been bought by another one of us. This kept us from having to make extra trips to return a gift that someone else had already bought. The girls love all of the gifts and we have them pick one before taking the rest of the gifts upstairs to their rooms.

They both pick the same dress up doll to keep downstairs and dutifully carry the other toys upstairs. It takes a couple of trips, but they get them all carted to their rooms. When they come back downstairs after the final trip, they both have bags in their hands. Meg hands a bag to Solomon and me each and Amy does the same for Tyler and Grey.

"We want you to open these first, then we'll open the rest of the gifts," Meg directs us. We look at each other and no one owns up to taking them shopping. I shrug and start opening my gift. I pull the lid off of the oblong box and pull out a pair of designer sunglasses. I look up and my men all have a pair of matching sunglasses. We put them on and look at the girls who have pulled out miniature pairs of matching sunglasses and put them on also.

"We want everyone to know that we're together and this is one way to do it," Amy explains.

"How do you like it?" Meg asks.

"We love them!" I answer, "When did you go and get these?" I have to know how these two little dumplings pulled this off.

"We asked Aunt Frankie to take us shopping to buy you something. She took us all around until we found these," Amy pulls her sunglasses down her nose looking at us over them.

"Then she helped us wrap them," Meg adds doing the same thing.

"You two are very smart girls and thank you for the sunglasses," I wave them over to me and they both come over happily letting me give them a hug. The guys follow suit.

"You are two very resourceful young ladies. Thank you for the glasses," Solomon engulfs them both in a big hug.

"You have managed to make me look cooler than I already do," Greyson hugs them and kisses them on top of the head.

"This is the best gift ever!" Tyler picks them both up and swings them around. They squeal happily.

"Now to open the gifts from us," I stand up and walk over to the tree. I hand the girls the gifts and they take them to the guys and pile theirs in a spot side by side. After we get them all handed out, everyone starts opening gifts. We have managed to spoil each other as well as the girls as the gifts pile up. The girls open their gifts to each other and love them. Meg got Amy a necklace with a half of a heart on it that say 'Sisters'. She pulls the necklace with the other half of the heart out of her shirt and shows it to her. Amy comes over to me so I can put it on her and gives Meg a hug, "Thank you so much. I love it!"

Amy hands Meg her gift and watches anxiously as she opens it. Meg pulls the bracelet out of the box and looks at it. I watch as her fingers move over the charms. Amy picked out charms that shows their mutual interest. There's a hot dog, a couple of Disney Characters, a pair of ballet slippers and one of Wonder woman. Then her fingers run across the inscribed one. She looks at it closely, "What does it say?"