Chapter 10

[Ember's POV]
Today is the day Luke and I turn 19. Today is the day I will probably spend like every other day of the year; in my room binge watching TV shows and pigging out on food. I decided that I would stay in bend for a while longer as it was only 5:30am. I felt myself falling asleep again.

"Little fire. Little fire. Em. Em. Em. Ember. Ember. Ember. Ember Luna. Ember Luna. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up!" Someone said.

"Do you have food?" I asked groggily.

"Yeah." They said.

"I'm up." I said stretching and hitting the person in the face accidentally.

"Ow." They said. I recognised the voice as being the voice belonging to the guy named Calum.

"I'm so sorry Calum. I love my food too much and I'll get a cramp if I don't stretch." I laughed.

"It's okay." He laughed back. "Now eat up. We have a surprise for you and Luke. He doesn't know about this one." He said d

"Okay. Now get the fuck out so I can eat and get dressed.l I said. He chuckled. He walked over to the door, opened it and walked out shutting it behind him. I at my pancakes like they would be the last piece of food I ate. I finished them and put the plate on my desk. I walked over to my wardrobe and got my outfit out. I went into my bathroom and put it on. I did my makeup and put my hair into a fishtail plait. I walked out of my room with my plate in my hand. I walked into someone and dropped the plate. Luckily, I caught it.

"Oh Ember. You should always look where you are going." The person I worked out was Luke laughed.

"Come on! The boys have a surprise you and I don't know about." I said pulling him downstairs with one hand and carrying the plate in the other. We got to the bottom of the stairs. I ran into the kitchen and put my plate in the dishwasher. I walked back into the living room and waited and waited and waited. I kept waiting until I was joined by four boys: Calum, Luke, Ashton and Michael.

"What took you so fucking long?" I asked chuckling at the end.

"Food." They said. It was silent for a couple seconds Be we all burst out laughing.

"Now. What are we doing because I don't want to do something outrageous." I said.

"I don't know. Let's just see where the wind takes us." Calum said.

"What he said!" Luke said.

"Ditto!" Mikey and Ash said.

"You guys are such weirdos. Now let's go for some maccas or Starbucks. Take your pick." I said.

"MACCAS!" Everyone screamed.

"Okay. Let's go." I said pulling Calum who was pulling Luke who was pulling Mikey who was pulling Ash.

"Who's driving?" I asked.

"I will because I don't want to die because of someone's shitty driving." Ash said looking at Luke directly.

"SHOTGUN!" I yelled as me and Ash climbed into the front two chairs.

"Can I have the aux cord?" I asked as soon as we began to drive off.

"Sure." Ash said handing it to me.

"Thanks." I said. I connected my phone to the cord and played my music. A tune began to play and I recognised it instantly.

"I KNOW THIS!" I squealed.

"Luke:
Lazy lover
Find a place for me again
You felt it once before
I know you did
I could see it

Mikey:
Whiskey Princess
Drink me under, pull me in
You had me at come over boy
I need a friend
I understand

All:
Backseat serenade
Dizzy hurricane
Oh god, I'm sick of sleeping alone
You're salty like a summer day
Kiss the sweat away
To your radio

Backseat serenade
Little hand grenade
Oh god, I'm sick of sleeping alone
You're salty like a summer day
Kiss the pain away
To your radio

Ash:
You take me over
I throw you up against the wall
We've seen it all before
But this one's different
It's deliberate

Ember:
You send me reeling
Callin' out to you for more
The value of this moment lives in metaphor
Yeah, through it all

All:
Backseat serenade
Dizzy hurricane
Oh god, I'm sick of sleeping alone
You're salty like a summer day
Kiss the sweat away
To your radio

Backseat serenade
Little hand grenade
Oh god, I'm sick of sleeping alone
You're salty like a summer day
Kiss the pain away
To your radio

All:
Backseat serenade
Dizzy hurricane
Oh god, I'm sick of sleeping alone
You're salty like a summer day
Kiss the sweat away
To your radio

Calum & Ember:
Backseat serenade
Little hand grenade
Oh, aren't you sick of sleeping alone?
We're salty on a summer day
Kiss the pain away
To your radio." We sang.

"That was bloody awesome." I said as we got into the car queue for the drive thru. We told Ash our orders and he told the guy and the other side of the speaker thingy. We drove round to the next window, collected our food and handed the guy the money. We then drove off back to our house. We walked inside and went into the living room. We ate the delicious food whilst watching Family Guy.

"I'm going to the pool." I said breaking the silence.

"Me too!" Luke said.

"Me three!" Calum said.

"Ditto!" Mikey said.

"Same over here!" Ash said.

I ran upstairs and ran straight into my room. I searched through my chest of drawers until I found my favourite one piece bathing suit. It was beautiful. I put it on with a kimono on top. I also put my phone on a waterproof case just in case I wanted to take Snapchats or Instagrams.

I slipped on my sandals and walked downstairs

I slipped on my sandals and walked downstairs. I walked outside and put everything I didn't want to get wet on a sunbathing chair. I put my phone on the chair as well. I walked to the edge of the pool and jumped in. The boys jumped in when I swam to the surface for air. We played around for a while before drying off and going back into the house. I went upstairs and had a quick shower. I put on some pyjamas and went to bed.

What an amazing, simple yet affective birthday.

It was the best one I personally have ever had.