Chapter 7

Author's note: we try not to interrupt the story too much with these, but we just wanted to let you know that we love it when people write comments on our stuff, so please give us your opinions and suggestions for our story. We're also going to try and upload every Wednesday evening,  so keep your eyes open for new chapters! We are very busy people though, so if we don't upload, we apologize in advance. That's all for our PSA so enjoy this next chapter!
________________________________________________

My old rattling car comes to a stop in front of the brick building. I embrace the last couple seconds of silence before I step out of the car. Day two, I can do this. I give myself a pep talk. I head into the school, remembering where I parked this time. I walk down the teen-infested halls to get to first period. I walk into to the classroom to find a note written on the board. Apparently, our seats in my first-period class are going to be the same for the rest of the semester. Meaning I'll have to sit next to Jace.

Lucky me.

I walk over and sit on Cameron's desk to talk to him. He's sitting in his seat, holding a Starbucks cup. Coffee, so that's what I forgot. Without saying anything, I look at Cameron with big, puppy dog eyes, glancing at his cup every few seconds until Cameron sighs and hands over the cup. I grin at him and take a sip. I close my eyes and not so quietly moan at the delicious caffeine. I am startled out of my peace by a voice from over my shoulder.

"Wow, I didn't know you felt that way about me, Calloway. I'm sorry, but I don't think we can keep this going, you thinking about me in that way. Usually, girls only do that in my bedroom, so this is a bit unprofessional." I whip around to see the irritatingly cocky speaker. Jace. Of course. I roll my eyes at him

"Oh wow, good one. I'd give you a nasty look, but you've already got one," I say, not trying very hard. I'm tired and really don't feel like doing much. He laughs at me.

"Wow, you're really not trying too hard, are you? Come on, give me your worst. I think I can handle it," he says jokingly, obviously not taking me seriously. Something ticks inside me and I turn to look at Cameron for a second with a smirk before turning back to him, ready to put him in his place.

"What was that, Reeds? I didn't hear that over your obnoxiously big ego. Honestly, did you get a receipt for your personality? Because if I were you, I'd ask for a refund. Don't you know that your dick belongs in your pants, not your personality?" I begin. He looks mildly impressed and a bit surprised that I actually went up to his challenge. He opens his mouth to counter, but I cut him off and continue,

"Don't you think that you should just let people think you're stupid instead of opening your mouth and confirming it? Seriously, I don't know what makes you sound so stupid, but it's really working. You really prove that brains aren't everything. In your case, they're nothing..." I pause to take a breath. The few people in the room have stopped to listen. I haven't been doing too well so far, just casual stuff. I have to finish strong.

I roll back my shoulders and begin one last time. "Hey, did I hear you say that you usually only hear moaning in your bedroom? At first, I didn't notice because I was so busy wondering if your ass gets jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. Now that I am able to think about it, I'd like to just put that like wet dream of yours in the trash- where your disappointment of a brain belongs- by letting you in on what everyone else knows: the only way you could get laid in this lifetime is if you crawled up a chicken's ass and waited. But don't worry, dear," I pat him on the arm pityingly, "I'm sure your superhero sheets keep you company in bed when the girls reject you."