[blue]

blue
/blo͞o/
adjective

》(of a color) intermediate between green and violet, as of the sky or sea on a sunny day《

》the color of sorrow but also of the sky on a clear day《

Amy led you out to the gazebo where you'd first had breakfast on the day you arrived, you were served by Maryana and some other servants, among them was Ethan. He had changed into fresh clothes of his own, and you admired how cute he looked with his unruly hair as he placed a sandwich on your plate. Maryana poured your tea as your friend blabbered on about her visit to Fischbach, and how the King was coming to Gizmonia within the next two weeks to discuss dowry. This comment caused you to think about your own marriage again. What sort of dowry were your parents having to pay in order for you to marry Leopold? You frowned as you kept thinking of this, eyes drifting over to Ethan standing politely to the side.

"Y/N?" Amy's hand waving in front of your face snapped you out of the trance you didn't realize you were in.

"Yes, Amy?" You quickly looked back at her as she retracted your hand.

"I was asking your opinion on my wedding, because I think the Queen is planning to move it to be sooner than yours and Leopold's."

"I don't want you to leave." You sighed quietly, taking a sad sip of your oolong tea before placing a couple cubes of sugar in it, it was too bitter.

"Fischbach is pretty much right next door, we can visit each other all the time." She tried to cheer you up as she took a bite of her sandwich. "And hey, you can read and write, I'm sure, we can always write letters!"

"Yeah. So what exactly did you want my opinion on?"

"Well, since King Mark is coming to talk with my father about dowry, he will probably propose soon after, and we both know the Queen is... excited about the marriage, so I'll probably be married within the next three weeks. I know I already spoke of this, but would you be my maid of honor?"

You couldn't contain your humongous grin at her genuine kindness, and how close you two were after such a short time. "Of course, I would absolutely love to."

Amy grinned, taking your hand in hers to quickly squeeze it before going back to her meal. "Thank you, Y/N, you are such a wonderful friend."

"And you know you're going to be my maid of honor as well, right?"

"I would be honored."

After lunch, Amy asked you to accompany her to the gardens, which you obliged to happily, she seemed to have endless stories of her stay in Fischbach. Currently, she was telling you of King Mark's hidden dorky side. You were having a hard time imagining a clumsy, blubbering man underneath the cool, calculating exterior he had in all the stories you'd heard of him. And yet here was Amy telling you about how one day she awoke to him running around in the yard below her window with squirrels following him, yelling that he was king of the squirrels.

"He sounds kind of crazy." You laughed, walking down the pathway with the Princess.

"No, it was really funny, and the squirrels really did seem to like him, so maybe he does have a way with squirrels. And when I told him I had seen him, he seemed very amused and asked if I liked animals. After I mentioned my penchant for birds, he offered to buy me the most exotic bird I could wish for once I moved into the Fischbach castle."

"That sounds absolutely wonderful, Amy. I'm so happy for you." You smiled, stopping to observe a blue flower that was just starting to bloom. You could tell it was going to be the most brilliant deep blue shade, one that reminded you of sapphires and the color of the water in the deepest part of the river you fell in earlier. The memory caused you to have to stifle your laughter, and look aroud for Ethan. Curiously enough, he wasn't there.