Love loss

"C'mon Cynder, let's get out of this town." The old man's voice bellowed, taking her by the shoulder and showing her the way out of the gas station. Cynder felt uneasy, she had a feeling in her gut that she couldn't explain, or place very well. As they reached the door she saw a small figure scurry about around the parking lot; it moved quickly and without hesitation, and from this point of view it look like a large rodent.

The creature scurried off into the car in the parking lot. Cynder's father opened the door and at that moment the creature stopped and turned towards the ajar door. It scurried up to them and jumped up several times, not reaching very far off the ground. The creature was black and covered in fur, fur that covered most of its face. It's eyes were black and shiny like coal.

"Chloe!" Cynder rang out bending down to pet the furry creature. She felt reassured and the feeling subsided. Cynder attached a leash to the dog and took off towards the car. Her father lit a cigarette and took off towards the car as well. Off in the distance their was a mortifying screech, and the father hurried to the car. A feral creature dashed out from the other side of the gas station and started sprinting towards the car, the one turned to two, then to four and then into a horde of drooling, scurrying creatures. They made it to the car with ease, pummeling the sides and roof of it. Cynder's father pulled out and sped off from the horde, heading south towards the edge of the city.

Coming up to a few blocks south of the gas station, a large and disgusting creature walked on all four, coming into the way to block their path. The creature shook the ground with every step it took, and shattered massive holes into the concrete. Cynder's father swerved to a halt in front of the massive thing. "What the hell is that?!" he shouted, motioning Cynder to find cover quickly. Cynder dove to the opposite side of the car as the creature began to smash the front end of the car repeatedly. Her father stepped out and began to run across the street, pulling both the large and small creatures attention away from the car.

Cynder found her Father's crossbow at the front of the car, along with some explosive bolts. She loaded the crossbow, shattered a hole in the window and took her shot, pinning a small creature in the back. She loaded another as the bolt exploded and made a small dent in the horde. She took another shot and pinned the large one this time, it was now surrounded by small ones, who were all chasing down her father. Loading the third and final explosive bolt into the crossbow, the explosion from the second one tore through the side of the large creature, and sent the ones around it flying. Blackened blood flew from their corpses, and the giant fell. creating an even louder noise on the ground, and causing a bigger dent into the concrete.

Cynder had no sight of her father so she was careful to step out from the vehicle, leaving Chloe inside. she followed her father's path, and slayed anything that was not human on her way. She steeped around the giant corpse and took a look into it's side. Black blood coated the wound and its surroundings, and it shimmered a feeble light. Paying little attention to it Cynder walked to the building the corpses were in front of, her father leaned up against it. He too was covered in blood, bt it wasn't black. Cynder bent down and held his hands, his eyes opened slightly and he coughed up blood. "C-Cynder... I-I Love-" He muttered as the giant creature rose behind Cynder, and raised it front "leg". Catching her father's attention he pushed Cynder away, and the leg crashed down upon him, not a sound escaped.

Cynder shrieked and grabbed the crossbow, running back to the car. She turned to face the giant and took the final shot, the bolt struck the creature in it's small head, and in a few short seconds, it exploded too. Sending black blood across the car, across Cynder and around the now decimated corpse. The light that was once feebe shining inside the giant now dissipated into the air, shimmering up to the sky. Cynder opened the door and got inside the car. She pulled around to the north and headed back up to the gas station. Pulling up to a pump she turned the car off and exited the vehicle, circled around it and began to pump gasoline into the tank, her hand ready on the crossbow for anything that might occur.

========================

The roaring of the bikes drowned out every sound as they flew down the road, Buildings were now coming into sight on the horizon, gray in silhouette against the sun's glowing effects. Leon pulled a hand off the handle bar and pointed ahead, turning his head towards Emiko and noding. Emiko nodded back and they both sped up and their bikes grew louder.

The shapes of the buildings came more defiant and less of a grey color the closer they came to the city. They slowed down as they crossed the first block, they swerved around an unsettling sight off dozens of corpses, one of the human. A yellow light shined a few blocks ahead of them. The light turned into a rectangular shape as they drew near it, and a car formed underneath it. They were but a black away when they saw a figure walking towards the door of the gas station. They slowed down again as they pulled into the lot of the station. The roar of the bikes quieted down to an abrupt halt as they both cut the power from the bikes.

They removed their heads their helmets and saw a person inside through the window, it's back was turned to them and rummaged through the goods on the shelves. The two of them headed for the door and went inside. They turned the corner and met the person; long blonde hair was still facing them, the person didn't notice the two of them behind her.

Leon cleared his throat. The blonde hair made a wave in the air as the person turned, facing the two of them. Her eyes widened in disbelief. "How'd you two find me?" Cynder asked. "That doesn't matter, we need to get out of here" Emiko said.

"We'll need supplies," Leon said. "Cynder, You get water and other drinks, Emko, you gather food and anything else we might need, and i'll get the extra gas" He added, piling jerry cans in his arms. The other two began to gather other supplies from the shelves.

==================

Time Elapse

==================

The three of them piled the bags upon bags of goods on the bed. The bags contained various things, from bags of chips, to soft and hard drinks, along with the occasionally medicine bottle.

"Well, that's the rest of them." Emiko said, bringing in the last bag. Sitting down in the chair in the corner of the room. The othe two sat on opposite edges of the bed. Cynder sighed "What now?" She asked, turning to Leon. "Now, I need to take inventory of what we have. You two can go do whatever." He said, grabbing a notepad that he had grabbed from the gas station along with a pen and began to write. Emiko rose from the chair and stretched. "I think i'll go take a shower." She said, grabbing an extra set of clothes from her bag.

"I think there's one in the next room. " Leon muttered, as he pulled items from the bag. Emiko nodded and opened the door to the next room, closing it behind her. Cynder sighed again and moved to the chair Emiko had previously been in. Leon looked up from his work to look at her. What's wrong with you?" He asked, setting down the items in his hands. "I watched my father die." Cynder said, looking back in Leon's direction but not blinking. Leon walked over two her, rubbing her back. "There there." He said, attempting to comfort her. Still she didn't blink, nor did she show emotion, she sat there and stared at the cream wall. "It was my fault..." She muttered in response, Leon now had his arms around her, pushing her face into his shoulder. He began to rock her back and forth, "It's OK Cynder, he's in a better place." Leon whispered to her.

=======================

Happy Valentine's day everybody! Hope you enjoyed Cynder's Bad ass part, if you did, Like and comment. If not, comment on what i should work on, and/or what needs work.