❦ DO NOT GO GENTLE

BEACON Hills Memorial Hospital was plunged in immortal chaos. The weather had only called for a mild thunderstorm, but a category three hurricane had broken out and was scavenging across most of the county. Havoc wreaked in Beacon Hills.

In an attempt to make herself do something useful, Hope zoomed patients out of the hospital one at a time loading them onto ambulances to be evacuated to a safer hospital.

The power had long surged out, and the hallways were lit by the dark flashes of lightning that struck with an undeniable force every few seconds. Melissa McCall was in the lobby, shouting orders at anybody who cared to listen. Nurses ran back and fourth in a furious dash, their main goal to get the patients somewhere safer than there.

Windows were shattered by the substantial amount of rain, mixed with the large gusts of wind that were smashing tree branches against any surface they could find.

"Hey, anyone want to tell me when they're getting my niece out of here?"

Hope turned on her heels, following the man's voice to an open room at the end of the hall. He was standing over the hospital bed, a wet cloth in his hand that he had been pressing against the head of whomever was currently lying in the bed.

Hope moved toward the bed, but her footsteps rushed faster as she saw the anemic body of Cora Hale lying in the bed. Apparently, Scott had obviously underestimated the extent of the youngest Hale's injuries after her fight with Aiden in the locker room at school.

Her breathing was shallow and her face was pale, heavy beads of sweat dotted along the edges of her nose, up to her brows sweeping across her forehead. "Jesus, Cora." Hope said, her voice barely above a whisper. She assumed that her words had been lost in the howl of the wind but the man looked up at her with a frown set upon his dark features.

"Who are you?"

Before she could reply, the soft voice of Melissa McCall entered the room, a flurry of anxiety chasing her. "Sorry about Cora, she wasn't uh-- You're supposed to be dead." She said, her eyebrows furrowed at the sight of Cora's uncle.

Hope hadn't put the pieces together when she had first come in, but now she knew that this man was Peter Hale, Derek and Cora's uncle who was dead until Lydia Martin had accidentally resurrected him during her birthday party.

"I get that a lot actually." Peter said slowly with a casual shrug. Hope looked past him and over to Cora. Maybe she could heal her.

Hope's heightened hearing caught on to four new bodies entering through the lobby doors, and without a second thought she had already charged from the door of Cora's room. Melissa followed after her, calling her name, but the name on her tongue quickly changed to that of her son as she saw him entering with Stiles, Derek, and Ms Blake by his side.

"What is she doing here!" Hope yelled over the the wind. Ms Blake snapped her head up to look at the hybrid with a sadistic smile.

"She can save Cora's life." Scott said.

Melissa touched her son's arm, drawing his attention away from Ms Blake and back towards the current situation at hand.

"The building is supposed to be clear in 30 minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's 10 minutes out, the other's 20. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage."

Scott nodded, placing a brief kiss onto his mother's cheek. "Got it."

The five of them gathered into the elevator, Derek gripping onto Ms Blake's arm with such a force Hope thought he was going to pierce through her skin. "You don't have to keep me on a leash Derek." She said with a frown. "I'm going to help you."