❦ INEVITABLE DEATH

MR. ARGENT told them about the masked figures as Allison patched up the wounds he had gotten from an earlier fight with Japanese mob bosses. He told them how the creatures came after anybody with a connection to the supernatural and how they had gone after a yukuza boss named Kumicho in Japan when he was just barely eighteen.

He had faced them before, when he had been sent by his father on a trip to buy an antique gun. They had come as soon as the day turned into night, with swords like ninjatos, trying to get to the Kumicho. He barely survived the attack, only managing to live by hiding under the body of one of the dead men. He claimed that another that survived, called silverfinger, would be able to tell them about the masked figures, and what it is they wanted.

Hope rode to school with Scott the next morning, and was surprised to see that he was actually in quite a good mood despite the masked figures and the fact he was being followed by Ethan and Aiden.

The wonder twins rode beside them in an annoying manner as Hope and Scott drove to school. Ethan to their left and Aiden to their right. Scott parked in his regular spot, and the twins followed parking on either side with a smile.

"Are you going to do this all day?" Scott asked the twins as he took his helmet off.

"All day." Ethan confirmed.

"And all night." Aiden added.

The alpha sighed, exasperated. "Is this about you guys being in my pack?"

"This is about you being the target of demonic ninjas or whatever." Aiden said plainly, crossing his arms over his chest with a knowing look. "You know, the ones that pulled swords out of their chests and completely kicked our asses."

Scott looked over at the twins, his brows drawn. "I don't need anyone to protect me."

"They were looking right at you when the sun came up." Ethan refuted.

Hope sighed, removing her helmet and allowing her brown hair to tumble down past her shoulders. "And then they disappeared. Argent thinks they only come out at night so I think Scott's okay right now."

Aiden shot her a questioning look but Hope swatted him away with her hand. "You're free to go."

"Since this is our first experience with demonic ninjas, we're thinking we should play it safe." Aidan said, annoyed at Hope's disdain.

Scott turned to look at Hope and she just frowned at the alpha with her hands crossed over her chest. He already knew how she felt about Ethan and Aiden. However, Hope's opinion didn't really matter as the twins turned and followed Scott around anyway.

For hours, the wonder twins followed Scott around like lost puppies, trying hard to look intimidating, but looking like idiots instead. They stood behind Scott as he grabbed his books from his locker.

"I have to talk to Stiles about what happened last night." He said after a moment.

Aidan shrugged. "Okay."

"That means get lost dipshit." Hope frowned.

"No."

"Yes."

Aiden looked over at Hope and then back to Scott, his hands raised in question. "Well how come Hope gets to go to the secret meeting?"