The Secret's Out

Me and Lukas walked up and down the endless rows of stalls. There were so many things to do, and it was impossible to choose an activity. "How about those?" Lukas said, pointing to a dart game. It was the classic thing you'd see at any carnival or festival. I nodded and we walked over to the booth. Lukas payed for a round of darts for each of us. "You can take my round," I said. He looked at me, confused. "Are you sure?" he asked. I nodded. "I'm not very good at darts," I said. It was true. I was terrible at darts. He hesitantly took the three darts and hit the target with ease.

"Nice job!" I said as the man at the stand handed him a giant stuffed teddy bear as a prize. He grinned. "Here. You can have this," he said, handing me the teddy bear. My eyes widened. "Really?" I asked. He nodded. "Yep. Consider it a gift." I smiled as I took the large stuffed animal. "Thanks, Lukas. Oh my god it's so soft!" I exclaimed. He chuckled as we continued walking. I stopped us at a booth that was selling slime balls. "Want to get one?" I asked. He shrugged. "Sure." We waited in line to get our slime balls. Once we got them, we turned to keep walking. Suddenly, I turned around and threw the slime ball at his face.

"What the?" I burst out laughing. "You got it in my haaaaaair," he pouted playfully. I was practically rolling on the ground with laughter now. Several people gave me odd glances as they passed by, but for once, I didn't care. I sat up and started to get up when I felt something slimy hit my face. "Aaaaah! Noooo! I've been hit!" I joked, pretending to sink to the ground. Lukas doubled over laughing before holding his hand out to me. "Come on. Let's go wash up." I took his hand and we went to go wash off the slime.

Time skip!

    After we washed off the slime, Lukas and I got ice cream and found a bench to sit on so we could eat it in peace. "Jesse, why do you act so shy and stupid in public?" he asked. I was taken by surprise by the question. "What?" I asked. He looked down and blushed.

    "I heard you talking with Petra last night. I was going to give her the diamond I owed her for that nether star and I overheard. I didn't really know what to do so I just kind of stopped and listened in. Then I didn't want to interrupt so I just kind of left after a few minutes," he said. I was silent for a few moments as I let that sink in. "So you know about..." I trailed off. He nodded.

"Okay, Lukas, I need you to listen really carefully. No one can know about this," I said I was about to continue when he cut me off. "Do Axel and Olivia know?" He asked. I shook my head. "Only Petra. It's a lot to explain, but no one else can know about this. There's too much risk," I said. "Risk of what?" He asked. I sighed. "I'd rather not have to explain," I said. He nodded his head in understanding. "Okay, I won't make you explain. And I promise I won't tell anyone," he said.

I smiled at him. "Thank you so much, Lukas," I said, hugging him with one arm so that my other could hold my ice cream cone. He stayed still for a moment before hugging me back. "No problem," he said as he hugged me back.

Hope you guys like it :) Sorry it's so short :(