Me too

I slowly walked up to Lukas' front door. I'd never gone to his house before, but I'd passed by it multiple times so I knew where it was. I softly knocked on the door, waiting for him to answer. I had gone to see Petra, but she wasn't home, and I needed to talk about this with somebody. Lukas slowly opened the door. He had obviously just gotten out of shower and hadn't bothered to put a shirt on before opening the door, probably because he thought I was Aiden. He looked surprised to see me.

    "Oh! Um... h-hi, Jesse," he said, blushing as he ran a hand through his hair. "Um... h-hi," I said, blushing. I tried not to look because I knew he would notice. "Um... You wanna come in? You shouldn't be out in the rain," he said. I nodded. "Um... yeah." Damn it! Why did it feel so weird to talk? I slowly stepped in and he closed the door. "Be right back. I-uh... I need to go put a shirt on," he said awkwardly. I nodded. As he went to his room to put a shirt on.

    I sighed as I sat down on the couch and waited for him to come back. As he came back after a few minutes and flopped down on the couch. "Sorry about that. I just took a shower," he said. "Yeah. I could tell," I joked. "So why're you here?" he asked. My joking mood quickly disappeared as I remembered the major problem at hand.

    "Remember how we were talking about my 'gift' yesterday?" I asked. He nodded. "Well... we forgot to close the window behind us," I said. He stared at me, expecting me to go on. "And...?" he asked. "Aiden was walking by," I said. I watched as his widen as what I was saying slowly dawned on him. "And he heard?" he asked, even though he already knew the answer. "And pretty soon everyone else will too if I don't find some way to prevent him from telling them about me," I said. Lukas sighed.

    "I'll try to convince him not to," he said. I shook my head. "You know he won't listen to you," I said as tears threatened to fall. Lukas sighed and wrapped his arms around me. "So what are we gonna do?" he asked. I hugged him back as I tried to think up a plan. "How hard do you think I'd have to hit him in the head for him to get amnesia?" I asked in a joking tone. The attempt to cheer up didn't work, though, and I soon found myself sobbing into Lukas' back. We stayed like that for a few minutes.

    "Lukas?" I asked. Yeah?" I took a deep breath before replying. "I might have to leave town for awhile," I said. His eyes went wide. "How long?" he asked. I looked down. "Probably forever," I said. Lukas sighed. "Jesse, you don't need to leave. Don't worry. We'll figure this out. And if those scientists come for you, they'll have to get through me, Axel, Olivia, and Petra. And no one gets through Petra," he joked. I gave a small laugh to his attempt at making me smile. "Alright, I'll stay. I just... I just hope you're right," I said, burying my head into his shoulder. He rubbed small comforting circles on my back and hugged me closer. "Me too, Jesse," he said. "Me too."

Hope you guys like it :) Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. It's getting a bit hard to keep up with all my stories.