Another run-in with you-know-who

I was just leaving Lukas' house when he stopped me. "Wait! Jesse! I turned around, the door half open. "Yeah?" I asked. He held out his ocelot jacket to me. "Take this. It's too cold to be out without a jacket," he said. I smiled as I gratefully accepted the jacket and draped it around my shoulders. "Thanks, Lukas," I said. He smiled a shy smile. "No problem," he said as he held the door open for me. He closed it behind me and I made my way home.

    The rain had stopped but it was still pretty cold. I shivered in the chilly air and wrapped the jacket tightly around me. I was looking up at the stars when I bumped into someone. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" I looked over to see I had run into Aiden. "Oh, great. It's you," I muttered. He smirked when he realized it was me before his smirk turned to a glare. "Hey! Where'd you get that jacket!" he asked. I rolled my eyes.

    "Lukas gave it to me since I didn't have one. You know... because he's actually a decent person," I said. Aiden laughed and rolled his eyes. "Any 'decent' person should know you're nothing more than a dumb science experiment," he said. That hit me hard. I felt tears coming to my eyes again, but I held them back. I'm not giving him the satisfaction of knowing I'm upset.

    "Actually, they only wanted me because I'm the greatest mind of our time, so I really don't take any offense from that," I said. Aiden only chuckled and smirked. "Then I guess you'll have no problem when they come for you," he taunted. I glared at him as I felt anger boil inside of me. This cannot be happening!

    "You wouldn't dare!" I said. He smirked down at me. "Oh, but I would," he taunted. I growled under my breath, knowing there was nothing I could do. "I hate you so much," I said through gritted teeth. He leaned in close to my face. "Like. I. Care."

Sorry for the short chapter and not updating in awhile. My other books are keeping me busy lol