Chapter Two - Nervousness

Niall’s POV

Something happened that night Harry and I had that fight. He hasn’t spoken to me properly since then and that was 5 days ago! He’s nice around the kids but other than that I get nothing. I know I probably crossed a line being so rude to him but it just caught me by surprise. I don’t know why he would be so quick to give up. After all Zayn was planned and it took 4 months of solid trying to get him. Today to try to apologize and clear the air I decided to take Harry out on a romantic date. Zayn has agreed to babysit Liam because Louis clearly cannot be trusted.

“Does this look ok Lou?” I asked wandering into my oldest son’s bedroom.

“You look fine.” He mumbled.

“Hey why are you so grumpy?” I asked again sitting on the end of his bed.

“I’m not grumpy. I’m pissed off, there’s a difference.” He snapped.

“Enough with the attitude please Louis. Now I know something’s not right, you’re even grumpier than usual.” I said seriously.

“I don’t see why Zayn has to stay here with Liam. Can’t they go to Grandma’s or something?” He asked.

“Your Grandma already said she’s busy. Why can’t they stay here? It is their home too Louis.”

“Because Liam will keep bugging me. He doesn’t understand the meaning of fuck off!”

“That’s where he learnt that from.” I muttered.

“He’s just really annoying.”

“Louis, he’s 6. I know it might get a little annoying him always wanting to play with you but that’s only because he loves you. He wants to play with his brothers, can’t you just play with him for an hour. He’ll read to you or even just sit and watch a movie. He just wants you there.” I explained. Louis sat there hopefully letting what I just said sink in.

“I guess I could have been a bit nicer to him, he’s only a little kid after all.” He sighed.

“Yes he is.” I said quietly. Just then I heard Harry come home from work. “Just please think about it. Now I have to go, your Dad’s home. Wish me luck.” I smiled before walking downstairs. “Hi babe. How was work?” I asked.

“Fine.” He muttered.

“I have a surprise for you Harry. I bet you’re going to like it.” I said excitedly. I was actually feeling quite nervous and sick, I hope this isn’t a total fail. He put his stuff down before turning to face me.

“What is it?” He asked.

“If I told you it wouldn’t be a surprise now would it?” I laughed. “Just go and get changed into something fancy.” I smirked.

“I don’t know if I should trust you or not.” He sighed.