Chapter 9: Friends and Family

Tris's POV 

Time skip: 1 month 

I am 17 years old mother to a one-month-old baby. It makes me sound so old. I feel old. I have a beautiful baby boy named Taylor. He looks like Tobias so much. His whole name is Taylor Asher Eaton. I couldn't name him after me, since no I don't really know, it's just not right, and I want him to have something from his father too.

I did meet Tobias one time when I was pregnant. It wasn't anything fun if you can call it that. I was going to my monthly check ups. I was walking around Dauntless over to the infirmary. I think it was the day I could figure out the gender of my baby. So, I wasn't really myself. Anyway, I was walking and then I walked into a group of Dauntless teenagers.

"Sorry," I said. When I walked straight into a person. I didn't look at his face, but I heard he said it was okay. I kept walking and I turned around. There he was standing with his friends talking. He looked my way - and I know it was him - but I turned around right away when I saw him. I couldn't, I just couldn't, talk to him. Everything was difficult during that time.

So I kept walking. That whole night I wished that I would talk to him. That I the day when he came back from his Choosing Ceremony, that I had just told him. Told him that I was pregnant but stupid enough I didn't. I didn't and now I have to live with the consequences.

I have gotten to know Uriah quite a bit. We talk at school. During my pregnancy, I kept getting glares and mean comments from everyone, but Uriah helped me through that. He introduced me to a lot of his friends or his group of friends you could say. He introduced me to his girlfriend Marlene, and Marlene's friend Lynn. They have all been a great friend.

Then I met a girl, who started joining our group. She is from Candor and her name is Christina. I know that one day, we are going to be like sisters. We haven't really talked about the fact that the Choosing Ceremony is coming around in a year, but we are hoping to or I am hoping that all of them will choose Dauntless.

Christina's boyfriend Will, who I just got introduced to, is also in our group. He is very nice it seems. He is Erudite, so we are all from different factions, but I don't mind. I like our group of friends. Right now, I am pretty close to Lynn. Since the rest of the people have either girlfriends or boyfriends and right now, neither of us have.

Uriah has been talking about this legendary Four that everyone talks about in Dauntless and that Uriah, Lynn, and Marlene are really hoping we meet him one day. I don't know how they think that is going to work after the Choosing Ceremony, but a boy can dream, right?

I miss Tobias so so much. It's incredible. I didn't know love was like this. I know I still love Tobias, and I have to say I can't really hate him either. Even if he got me pregnant. I am incredibly thankful for having Taylor. Taylor looks a lot like Tobias, but I don't really care, it's like I get to keep a piece of Tobias all for myself and I don't have to share him with anyone. I just hope that Tobias will be okay with what happened. That when I do meet Tobias again, that he will at least meet Taylor. I know that it's going to be difficult, but like I said, a girl can hope.

My family has been so helpful. Dad and mum have helped me a lot with Taylor, and Caleb has been helping a lot with helping me finish my homework. He has been getting my homework from school and is helping me finish it when he comes home. Hana has been great whatever you call her. She is like a second mother to me, and I appreciate that a lot.

Today, I am home alone and I am broad to death. I want, no I need to get to the training room. I haven't been there since I was, no, since Tobias was here. It's driving me crazy. I need someone to talk to as well. Taylor is currently sleeping. So I don't really have anything to do.

I get up and get my book from the kitchen and I walk back to the living room and sit down on the couch. I start reading, but then there is a knock on the door. Who can that be? It can't be anyone from school, we have school now. I walk over to the door and open it. It's Uriah, Marlene, Christina, Lynn, and Will.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask, but I can't help the smile on my lips. I really need someone to talk to or some company.

"Well, school is becoming boring now without you, so we figured that we would go to your place instead," Uriah says smiling.

"Oh, well welcome in," I say smiling. Opening the door for them.

"So, where is Taylor?" Christina asks. They have met him a few times. They seem to love him and I am happy about that. I am so happy I have such great friends and family. I don't think I would be able to do it without them.

"He is sleeping. Kind of been driving me crazy last night." I tell them and they laugh.

"You don't think it's opposite. Maybe it's you driving him crazy?" Uriah says and I join in on the laughing.

"Maybe it is right what you say, but that is only because a single teenage mother is not something fun," I tell them.

"Yeah, so where is Mr Cutie?" Christina asks and I everyone stares at her. "What?"

"I thought you had a boyfriend, and when did he become Mr Cutie?" I ask her.

"Well, I do have a boyfriend and second, Taylor is cute, so I am betting his dad is cute too." She says smiling.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that, but I don't really know where he is right now, except that he is in Dauntless somewhere," I tell them.

"He is in Dauntless?" Will ask.

"Yeah," I say.

"So, how many years older than you is he?"

"He is 2 years older than me."

"Damn, way to go, girl!" Lynn says smiling.

"What's his name, maybe we can find him?" Marlene says.

"No, it's fine. I don't really want to find him yet. I still have a year before the Choosing Ceremony, before I need to tell him." I say.

"So you are choosing Dauntless?" Lynn asks and I nod.

"Is that a surprise?"

"No, I just didn't think you still wanted to."

"Oh, I want out of here, plus I guess I need to talk to Mr Cutie as you call him Christina," I say looking at Christina. "Oh, okay, cool. Then we can train together for initiation." Uriah says smiling.

"I am so going to beat you," I say smiling.

"Is that a challenge?" He replies smiling.

"Yeah, I guess it is."

"Fine! It is so on!" He says smiling. That is when we hear the screaming.

"So much for the free time," I say smiling, walking up the stairs to Taylor's room. I walk up and I get him. I bring him down and he stops crying.

"Hey, you," Uriah says walking over to me and taking Taylor from me. "Is mommy driving you crazy?" He asks and we all laugh. I give Uriah Taylor's toy and they sit and play on the floor.

"So, how long did or should I call him Mr Cutie?" Christina asks.

"That is up to you, but you haven't even seen him, so don't jump to conclusion, plus you kind of already have a boyfriend," I tell her.

"Yeah, you do." Will say smiling.

"Anyway, how long were you two together?" She asks.

"Almost 1 year or and we knew each other 3 years," I tell her.

"What did you guys do together?" Marlene asks.

"We practice for Dauntless," I tell them.

After hours of talking about random things, they leave. I take Taylor upstairs and go to bed. I am so tried. So I put him down in his room and I get ready, even if it early, and I go to bed think about Tobias.

A/N - I know sucky ending, but I am sick, so I just thought that I would upload something today for all pansycakes reading this. Anyway, please review, and if any pansycakes have any ideas of what I can do now, please tell me or I will just write a year later, at the Choosing Ceremony. Review! :)