xv

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
A E G O N

She couldn't deny it; her mouth was slightly opened when she stepped off the carriage

She couldn't deny it; her mouth was slightly opened when she stepped off the carriage. She felt like an insignificant being against the gigantic walls of the manor.

A few elves came out to unload the carriage.

"Oh, let me help!" She offered smiling, but Malfoy jabbed her slightly on the side. She glared at him, hence he smiled back. (Y/n) raised her brow in confusion but suddenly stood up straight. "Lord Malfoy, Lady Malfoy. It's such an honour to meet you," she gasped. The Malfoys embraced him, glad to see him back.

Draco stared at her, horrified.

Lord? Lady?

"What a beauty, Draco. You are very fortunate," his mother smiled, coming closer and giving the girl a small hug.

"Thank you, Lady Malfoy," she smiled shyly.

"Just call me Narcissa, (Y/n)," her mother replied, returning the smile.

Her silly grin got wiped off when Mr. Malfoy cleared his throat to introduce himself.

"I'm Lucius Malfoy. It is a great pleasure to have you here," he said, coldly. Mr. Malfoy seemed austere with himself, his attitude representing lack of enjoyment in his life. His eyes glanced at the dragon egg she held in her arms, taking an interest.

"Draco, show (Y/n) her room. Let her rest first and then you can show her around the gardens."

"Yes, mother," he said. "Come, love," taking her arm, he smiled at her. She couldn't help but smile back; she wasn't ready for this.

Malfoy lead her inside, still holding her arm. The manor was beautifully arranged, giving an atmosphere of class and elegance. They turned to the left and stopped at the door at the end of the corridor; opening the door for her, she stepped in her room. It was truly fit for a princess.

"Wow..." She gasped, amazed.

"You're not bad at pretending," he smirked.

"You're not too bad yourself," she said back, placing the egg carefully near on her bed.

"But am I?" He said, walking closer to her and turning her around, making her face him.

"Yes. You said we had to; back there in the carriage," she rolled my eyes.

"If you want..." He whispered, twirling her silver locks, "we could stop pretending." He inched closer, their eyes intertwined and lips inches apart.