xix

CHAPTER NINETEEN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
M A D N E S S

CHAPTER NINETEEN ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━M A D N E S S

NOTHING HAPPENED, TO HER DISMAY. The Second Task was shortly after the Yule Ball, and she had to find a solution for the problems.

She muttered Dumbledore's password as she nervously clutched her robe. Walking in she greeted him politely.

"Ah, (Y/n)! Lovely to see you here," he smiled.

"Professor Dumbledore. I'm here about some matters that I'm aware you've already overheard," she said, thinking about Harry and how he might have told him.

The old man's expression dramatically changed to a serious one.

"Yes. Continue."

She told him everything. Her mouth spilt experience that others believed were stories. The ashes in the air, the cold in her skin, the Iron she felt, and the void she fell in.

She enthusiastically narrated the occurrences, with a glint of faith in her eyes and a small smile, hoping an adult would believe her.

"And then I fell," she finished her sentence, the smile still present on her.

The absence of words coming from him worried the girl. It was the same silence it came from everyone else. It angered her, terribly.

He shook his head, concerned.

"(Y/n), are you sure no one put something in your drink that made you experience this events? A potion maybe? Perhaps an elixir?"

"I knew what I saw," she patiently said, trying not to lose her temper. Lifting her arm, she folded her robe sleeves. A faint blue mark of a hand print was barely noticeable, but still visible.

Dumbledore kept shaking his head, continuously repeating 'no, no, no' to himself.

"No," he finally said. "That is just a mark. You might have hit your arm somewhere... Didn't you fall during the Quidditch tryouts?" He smiled kindly. "Maybe you could go to Madame Pomfrey to give you an ointment."

"Maybe it's just me going mad, or everyone is refusing to believe the truth," she clutched her fists and stood up to leave.

"I'm not going mad. I'm not going mad. I'm not going mad," she muttered to herself as she walked away, trembling.

(Y/n) and Hagrid walked through the forest collecting mushrooms, herbs and wild vegetables she'd never seen before.

"... Magic beans!" He exclaimed, picking them from the bush.

"Magic beans? As in those from the muggle story Hermione told me about?" she chuckled. Hagrid was the only one that made her forget all of her troubles.