Chapter 2 - Life As a Commoner

Your POV

I don't do anything much. All I do is walk around the village, trying to make money to support my family. Sonic, Manic and Sonia also try their hardest, especially when our mother is trying to fight an illness.

I'm 16 years old. I've been trying to make money ever since I was 12. I don't make a lot, though. Everyday of my life, my siblings and I all get dirty looks from those wealthier than us. Of course, I do the same, giving them the same dirty looks. They don't understand what it's like to have just bread in your house to eat every day or to live in a damn shack.

We starve almost every day and not one person has the mind or heart to help us out. So far, we're trying to make enough money to pay for treatment for our mother. Getting medical attention for her is our first priority. Everything thing else comes after that.

But lately, we've been struggling harder than ever before. I don't understand it. I'm really nice to people, but they don't return the behavior. They act like they're better than almost everyone. So what?

If they act like this towards us, imagine what the king and queen would do and say at the very sight of us: commoners from the village, in filthy, disgusting rags. They'll probably teach the prince to hate people like us, too.

I just wish we had a normal life where we didn't have to struggle like this and where our mother didn't have to suffer from this illness... One can only dream...