CHAPTER TWELVE.

If being a good mother is shielding you from scars, I'm doomed to fail.
I want my daughter to cry over a lowly boy,
Experience heartbreak,
Feel pain.
I want her to learn to wipe her tears,
Build her spine from scratch,
Rise from the ash.
I need her to be able to recognise love when it arrives,
Be her own woman.
And are these not but rites of passage? ~ SOUL UNRAVELED ( Instagram profile )

Chapter 12

( hold on guys, this chapter is seriously not edited. I just needed to get it up for you, read with caution ;) )

You got to be kidding me

Is the first rational taught that crossed Ammah's mind as she tried to comprehend how her highschool senior is Sadiq's fiance.

You know those set of students that you loved for the drama they came along with and the riots they've started a whole number of times? Yup, Yasmin's set.

Yasmin.

The main reason why she's confused, obviously Ammah had the courtesy to know the names of her guest before they came and Mubarak had told her the Sadiq and Khadija are coming over.

She didn't have the chance to process that before before this woman comes at her with a huge hug " you ! Oh god"

The only seemed to inform Ammah that Yasmin had forgotten her name. Why wouldn't she? Since Ammah he but her 4 years in between junior.

They hugged for a few moments before backing up and she watches as Yasmin tries to remember her name.

" Ammah " Sadiq finally cuts in while looking at his fiance then he turned to the woman welcoming them in "ahh my soon to be partner in crime. How are you ?"

As they walk into the living room, it didn't really come of as a surprise to see sluty Maryam having her hand draped on Mubarak shoulder as he talks on the phone about a business profit.

He gets off the phone immediately after Ammah replies to Sadiq with a greeting of her own " Sadiq I'll have you know that I heard that comment of yours and your little plan with Ammah on the phone earlier this morning. You should both know by now that I'm the king of pranks"

" we'll see about that king of pranks" Ammah sticks her tongue out at Mubarak slightly which momentarily caught him off guard but he  bounced right back unaffected and Ammah hadn't even noticed and he was glad, till he turned to look at his bestfriend who in turn matched Mubarak's stare with an eyebrow lifted almost to signify that he had indeed been a witness to Mubarak's dazed look.

Mubarak having ignored his friend's questioning looks snatched his arm that was being held hostage by Maryam before standing up to show his respect for his guest, well actually to Khadija.  Before they all took their sear once again.

Ammah watched from her seat between Mubarak and Khadija who is supposedly Yasmin as Mubarak winced when Maryam didn't get the message and grabbed his hand once again.

Having turned around, Ammah made eye contact with Manir who seemed to have been staring at her for awhile now, her brows raised but this time it was of Seriousness, she didn't like how he had the ability to completely gain her attention so quickly and effortlessly.