CHIM - STICKY SWEET Chapter 7

Chapter Seven.  Cheryl.  Valentine’s Day.

I climb out of the taxi grimacing as the ice cold February air whips past hitting us like a slap in the face.  Shoving me hands in me pockets I dive across the pavement desperate for shelter.  With a few bounds I reach the group of bouncers guarding the entrance to The Leopard Lounge acknowledging them with a friendly nod.

“Crikey it‘s bitter tonight, I rather you than me lads!”

“Evening Miss Tweedy”

After they’ve greeted us in their usual way I jokingly chide them for their formality before strolling past the cordoned off queue and into the building.  Kimberley’s theme nights always mean big business and it seems appropriate that I should be here to surprise her during this most romantic of themes.

If she can make the effort for us then this is the least I can do for her…

So far in our relationship neither of us has had the courage to utter the l word and, if I‘m truthful, I’m still in the dark regarding the actual extent of Kimberley’s feelings for us.  When we’re together she’s attentive, chatty, fun, in fact all I could ask for in a partner.  Then there’s these long periods, up to a week sometimes, when she totally drops off the radar burying herself in her work and god knows what else.  Ok so if I text her she never fails to text us back but still her disappearing act is starting to bother us more than it should do.  It’s also why, this morning, I was pleasantly surprised by her unexpected show of affection.  This included waking us up with kisses, roses and a Valentine’s card followed by gloriously one-sided morning sex that left me with a huge appetite for the breakfast in bed she brought us afterwards.  Unfortunately, with me next important fight looming, the gym and training took me away from Kimberley and her big warm bed.  Tonight though I’m hoping I can stay at her place.

And mebbes talk more about our future…or perhaps that’s a little too heavy for a day like today…don’t want to spoil things…

“Cheryl!  I wasn‘t expecting yous”

I’ve barely pushed me way through the double doors of The Leopard Lounge and into the main room when I’m accosted by Nadine.  Towering over us in her white knee-high boots, matching hot-pants and tube top she’s quite a sight.  Most impressive though are her giant white wings held in place by wide shoulder straps.

“Hey” I smile as she greets us with a hug, “wow you look amazin’!”

“Thanks hun”

She waves a tiny bow and arrow set in the air.

“I’m meant to be Cupid” she explains, “cos I’m performing a show later with the girl Kimberley cast as Psyche…”

She leans forward lowering her voice,

“Danielle’s pretty sexy.  Let’s just say I’m gonna try and get away with as much as legally poss on stage then see if she fancies coming back to mine afterwards for an xxx action replay”

At the mention of the familiar name I find meself grinning at Nadine’s audacity,

“Danielle, the brunette hottie, she’s really into girls?”

Nadine nods enthusiastically,

“Hell yeah, I’ve had my eye on her for ages, fingers crossed tonight‘s the night”

I give her a wink,

“Good luck then.  Is Kimberley in her office?”

“Un-huh where else, you make sure she relaxes tonight yeah”