Prologue

"Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice. From what i've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction, ice is also great and would suffice."

- Robert Frost

* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - *

[Prologue]

Sally Jackson was a young woman with what some would call the worst of luck. Sally had always had a difficult life but was always pure of heart and could find a silver lining in just about every situation she has endured.

Sally lost her parents in a plane crash when she had been five years of age. With the death of her parents she was put in the custody of her uncle, whom to put it quite nicely was not good with children let alone other adults.

Despite the unfortunate twist and turns her life had thrown at her, Sally could not see how things could get worse. Sally had dropped high school education her senior year to take care of her uncle who had fallen down with cancer. He died not long after leaving Sally without family and no diploma.

Sally truly had loved her uncle despite his ways and was not for first time in her life unsure what to do or where to go from here. Sally sat at a bar drinking her sorrows and wondering why god was against her. What had she done wrong? Sally took no notice of the other perhaps equally drunk male who took a seat next to her.

"Rough day?" he asked.

"Try rough life" Sally replied looking over to him. The man was unmistakably gorgeous, he had jet black raven hair that stuck up in places and could be considered a bed head do, he had a tan worthy of a Californian Pro surfer, and eyes that greatly reminded Sally of the ocean stormy blues and greens clashing together so perfectly. they were the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen.

Before either knew it they were talking, laughing, crying, and drinking together sharing each others stories of woe. Together Sally and Poseidon walked back to Sally's cabin on Montauk, a beach Sally loved coming to when she needed alone time. That was the night Persephone Andromeda Jackson was conceived.