16. Unexpected

Bonnibel's pov

'Stop shaking and get out already, you butt!'

The opening of the sack fell off at the impact. I glared at the pink haired greyish pale male... wait, pink hair?

I peeked inside, amazed to find a pink haired little boy curled up like a ball, looking just like Marcy and ... and me. How could this be? I get a feeling this is... our son?

No! I shake my head clear and stare some more. He has a greyish pale complexion. His pointy ears and little fangs stand out. But no bite mark can be found on his neck. Yet I remember Marcy saying he's a vampire. Healing burns are splattered across his skinny torso. He's in a tattered long sleeve hoodie and skinny jeans too big for his size, one of his slippers is missing. This little guy is probably Marcy's son. The father is... that flipping sex partner of hers?

The little boy is curled like a ball inside the sack. His hands are grabbing his pink piked hair as he sobs hard, just like Marcy when she is stressed out. He wouldn't look at me, just squinting a little with his scared red eyes.

'Okay...' he said in a shuddering weak voice and steps out of the sack. His little greyish face blushing with the effort to stop himself from shaking.

'You...' I stutter, dumbfounded. This is unexpected.

We stare at each other. He is still straining not to shake, the effort making him blush even more.

'I'm sorry! ' he blurts out, breaking the silence.

'What for?'

'What do you mean, lady please can you rephrase?'

'I said, why are you apologizing to me?'

'Because you're angry!' He screams in his child voice, tears pouring down his face. 'But it wasn't me! I didn't do it! Please don't hit me, I'm sorry!'

I feel a pang of pain hit me. This little guy is so scared of me. And he has every reason to, I just yelled at him and kicked him hard for no reason. I lunge forward wanting to hug him close and comfort him.

He hisses and his eyes go scarlet and his fangs bare. He turns into a baby bat screeching in an attempt to escape from me. But his transformation is so slow and amateur that I still manage to catch his puny soft body in my arms. 'Shhhh it's okay. I won't hurt you.'

He flinches as soon as I touch him. With a jolt of pain, I'm reminded of the late Marcy. She was so clearly wounded and troubled... she was not herself. How could I jump to conclusion so soon? Did I mistake her again?

I rock him back and forth, wiping off his tears as gently as I could. I kiss him on the forehead. He flinches and curls into a smaller ball, tensed up like an intimidated kitty.

'Lady... I...I...' he started. 'What is it sweetie? You can tell me anything.' I said in a soft voice. 'Can I... Can I please shake? I can't... cant stop it... I'm sorry...' and there he breaks down totally shaking and bawling like little boys do.