Friendly reminder

A red liquid pour out from inside her, her blood oozing from her red lips and into the crimson red puddle underneath her. Despite in pain and a burning sensation rising inside her stomach, she figured out she was never in pain, her mind was tricking her in thinking she was in agony. Katie choked out the last drop of blood and held her stomach with her right hand, she felt as if she was going to throw up her guts and organs next. 

Finding it was hard to stay focused, she pulled her chin up and glanced at a figure up ahead. The area around her was constantly changing appearance but it always return to a white like void. Seeming extremely light headed, she shook her head rapidly, her brain hitting the sides of her skull as she did so. The dark figure was leaning weakly against something on the floor, the object they were resting on kept changing so it was hard to describe was it was exactly.

Dragging her shaking legs towards the silhouette and grasping the red scratchy fabric of her shirt, she started to see the form of the figure and recognized their hair and the scar on the bottom of their cheek instantly. Struggling to run, she galloped awkwardly over to the seemingly injured male. Struggling to suck in oxygen to heal her lungs, she collapsed beside him, her eyes shaking as she stared at the turned away male. 

"Brandon." She spat out, her throat drying with every thought. The brunet turned his gray eyes slowly to the breathless female. His chocolate messy hair covered his left eye and ear, also hiding most of his facial features. His mouth was gaped open slightly, he breathed through his mouth since he was unable to inhale through his nose which created an almost silent whistle noise.

"Why didn't you tell me?" His deep and raspy voice croaked at the trembling woman. Finally letting her tears pour and leak out of the bottom of her eyes, Katie choked on the lump inside her throat. Throwing herself over Brandon, she clenched onto him tightly, not daring to let go of her lost friend. Brandon felt the woman shiver out her salty tears into the cloth of his shirt.

"I couldn't, I wish I could but I couldn't." She gasped for an inch of air and pulled her head out of the shoulder of the male, her eyes red and puffed full of tears. "I'm sorry."

"You didn't trust me?" He asked in a soft voice, Katie bit her lip till it bled, the taste of her blood made her lungs shake more, she quickly shut her sore eyes. She squeezed out the last of her streaming rivers and wiped her rosy cheeks.

"No, of course not. I trusted you. I didn't want to do it, I swear." Ducking her head, she re-positioned herself to sit beside Brandon, the male didn't make an effort to glance at the soldier, he seemed dazed, staring at the bland white void.

She waited for a reply but nothing came. She liked the warmth that leaked off his presence, it had only been a few minutes before she sensed that he was starting to go cold. She couldn't tell if she sat with him for a few seconds, minutes or hours, maybe even days. The silence of the void never got to her, instead she enjoyed it.

"My head hurts." The male mumbled under his weak breath. Katie cracked open her eyes as she replied in concern, her palm sweeping away her untidy hair from her dark caramel eyes. 

"Where does it hurt? It's probably a headach-" Her heart skipped a beat. She pushed herself away rapidly, kicking her feet so she would shove herself from the now cold lifeless body of Brandon. She couldn't stop glaring at the gaping bullet hole in the middle of his forehead,  though his eyes were shaking ever so slightly.

Covering her mouth and fighting the urge to sob, she turned her head and stapled her eyes shut and refused to look at her friend. Within a few second, whispers filled her ears, calling her names: Killer, traitor, liar, con-artist, murderer, self centered bitch, fake, pathetic, manipulative, etc. Curling and bringing her knees to her chest, she hid her ears in her hands to try and block out the harmful words they spoke.

Suddenly, she heard a shattering noise from beside her, turning to the direction of the sound, she stared at broken glass shards of a Vodka bottle. Spotting a pair of feet beyond the smashed alcohol bottle, she followed the legs of the host, their eyes were hidden by darkness and it was hard to focus on the mysterious figure. Before she knew it, the figure oozed out another heap of blood from their throat, pouring out over their chin and down their chest.

Before she could react she had opened her eyes.

Laying in a pool of her sweat, she quickly took in a sharp breath and exhale loudly, trying to remind herself that she was no longer in a dream. Feeling her hands burn from previous terror, she ripped the blanket off of her and proceed to sit on the edge of her bed. Shaking, she curled her back and began to hug herself, rubbing her arms like she was attempting to reassure herself.

Staring down at her trembling hands, she carefully inhaled once more. Hanging her head, she started to recall an event that had happened a few weeks ago. It was the death of Brandon, the soldier she saved from a life of torture. Resting her eyes, Katie began to think as her heart weighed down inside her chest.