zero.

EXIT WOUNDS.
000. | ❛ just like her parents.

WORK WAS ALWAYS ON MILA'S MIND, SHE WAS BUILT FOR THE LIFE OF A SCIENTIST. Her life wasn't blessed with much; in fact, it was almost a miracle to most people that she got as far as she did in the world. Once they heard her backstory, it was suddenly filled with pity smiles and heartfelt condolences. It was all words to her in the end since what she did to get ahead was a more powerful story. Mila Jones, a name not common to find in California. However, her surname was very common to find in the lab. Mila's love for science came from her parents, who were prestige Harvard graduates that were in search of the next medical breakthrough. Ever since she could remember her parents were always in the lab, but it didn't stop her from seeing them often tagging along at times and sitting patiently while watching her parents work.
What her parents did for a living, that was her aspiration in life.

As she grew older, she understood more molecular and calculus than anybody in her grade. Many days watching from behind the glass doors made it difficult for her to attain her next goal; to get into the lab. Fortunately for her, she would get that chance. The little girl got out her dad's lab coat that was oversized and goggles that her mother got at her very first job. Once she crossed that yellow line and glass doors that she wasn't suppose to pass, holding her mother's hand, she felt like she made it. The same rules applied to her still, or not touching anything without her parents supervision.

Mila held a smile as she watched her mother and father hold a vial of emerald liquid to her face, to give a her taste to calm her desire.
The radiating smile that she blasted for the whole world to see was inspirational to who saw it.
A blast of alarms started to go off, repelling to any who heard it.
By the expressions on her parents face, Mila knew that it wasn't a good sign. Far from the girl's vision was a gas harmful for any human being to be near. Her mother quickly got to her feet, sweeping up her daughter, running to the closing doors.

She could see that she wasn't going to make it on time; she wasn't going to save the both of them. With the final surge of energy, she kissed a fatal kiss to her daughter's head before shoving Mila outside of the closing lab doors. The small girl's tears ran down her cheeks as she banged on the doors to be let in; to save her parents. Her mother pressed her hand against the glass whispering the three words that her parents never forgot to say to her, 'I love you.' Mila pressed her small hand against her mother's big one before the heavy gas consumed the everlasting image of her mother.

_______________

Sorry this is short, but it's to give more of a backstory to Mila, before we dive into her story. I also didn't need to give a tragic accident to her parents, but I have started to become more wicked. I'm already in love with this character. Also, thanks to starfragment for giving me the idea of the lab accident.