twelve.

EXIT WOUNDS.
012. | ❛ you'll come back, right?

THE NEXT DAY AND COUPLE OF HOURS WERE A BLUR TO HER, WHAT SHE KNEW WAS THAT THE AVENGERS WERE ABOUT TO SUIT UP AND FIGHT ULTRON IN SOKOVIA. And she knew that that wouldn't risk her life any further like they did in Wakanda, she would be safer in Avengers Tower. But she wasn't afraid for herself but for them. Afraid that perhaps not all of them would come back.

Bruce was in the lab awaiting orders from Steve about when to leave. His glasses were on and hadn't fixed his hair much since last time, not that Mila minded. She approached the science nerd, who caught her in his sight and lit up like a Christmas tree. He could only describe the feeling as love, not one that he thought could be reciprocated by Mila since she deserved better than him. The monster that he was couldn't ever be with a sight as beautiful as her.

Mila didn't utter words as she wrapped her arms around him, and he linked his around her waist. The last affection that the two would share although they didn't know it. He held her close trying to take in the moment and the fresh scent that Mila always brought. Cherishing the final moments that they would share while replaying in their separate minds the memories that they had created. While it wasn't many, it mattered more than they would think.

There was always a sadness about saying goodbye, that Mila never knew whether or not she would see them again. Always wondering if she was better off without them, or if that person was one that she couldn't let go. As she held onto Bruce, she didn't want to let him go. She didn't want to say goodbye to the man that hadn't seen her as a monster. To man that thought he was a monster himself, but wasn't. He was far more than that, he was caring and overall a man that she wanted to be by her side.

"You'll come back, right?" Mila asked while parting away slightly still in Bruce's arms, waiting for the truth.

"Yes," Bruce replied. "I'll going to come back. And then we're going to enlist you in training, and you're going to be an Avenger. You'll hang out with me in the lab more. All those things make it worth coming back, Mila Jones."

She chucked at the sound of her name, "I've never heard my name like that before."

"I like it better that way. It represents the beauty and elegance that you are." Bruce admitted out loud to Mila, who loved hearing his words of kindness. She had grabbed his hands and smiled to him, and immediately they were gone.

Bruce yanked them out and quickly ran over to the other side of the lab underneath the table, and returning with a big case. This made her eyes quirk to the the suspicious box. "Something special before I go."

"You make that sound like you're not coming back, Bruce. I can't have that." Mila giggled as Bruce opened the case to reveal a snowflake necklace.

She held her brown eyes amorously at the necklace, not for it being jewelry but for what it signified. Bruce and Tony had found a solution to her problems and formed it into a beautiful accessory. The shape of the snowflake was Bruce's idea from a conversation taken at the start of their friendship. Mila said that even though she lived in California that winter was her favorite season, and that she would kill to see a snowflake in real life.

"It's beautiful." She extended her hand and grazed it softly.

"Wearing it would reduce your powers ability. In other words, Oz can't control you anymore." Bruce explained to the fellow scientist who's face demonstrated the sign of relief. The cruel alter ego wouldn't make control her anymore. Oz couldn't harm anybody anymore.

Bruce came around back to place the necklace around her neck, clasping it perfectly and seeing Mila elegantly rocking it. She went in for another embrace and released quickly while rubbing her tears of joy. Their bodies were close to one another and both could feel the heat coming off of them, Mila stared at his lips with Bruce looking down at her.

She leaned in and gently brushed his lips against hers, the soft touch that they had only made Mila more comfortable. She reached up and grabbed Bruce's face, pulling it down as she stood on her toes and planted an passionate kiss onto his lips. His arms wrapped his around her waist, pulling her body closer to his as their lips moved. There is so much beauty in simplicity. And that's exactly what this kiss was – simple, yet so incredibly profound, electric, magical, and amazing. All of his walls, all his insecurities came crashing down when she was around. She sees right through him, and knows him deep down to his soul. He moved so slowly towards her, and could literally hear his heart beating a mile a minute. This is a man taking that chance, unafraid to love again. Bruce knows how little she thinks of herself; and he constantly tries to prove to her that she's extraordinary in every way. These are two friends finally realizing that love comes in all different shapes and forms.

She detached herself from him, still holding onto his neck. "You better come back now."