epilogue.

EXIT WOUNDS.
epilogue. | ❛ assemble.

HER FRAGILE DELICATE BODY STOOD ONCE AGAIN, ONLY THIS TIME IT WASN'T TO FIGHT. IT WAS TO HONOR THE DEAD OF THE INFINITY WAR THEY HAD FOUGHT. CLAIMING THE MOST IMPORTANT SOUL OF ALL TO MILA. She was in front of a place where she would call home in the future, what she was longing for unfortunately couldn't come back, so the marble wall in front of her was the second best thing beside the room they had once shared.

Mila felt like a million eyes were watching to see her break down just to have a good headliner for their articles. But Mila was stronger than that, something that her mother always taught her was to appear high and cry behind closed doors, because behind those doors no one could see what damage they did to her. She knew she wouldn't maintain her composure much longer but it was a boiling point to where she couldn't deny it any longer.

With purple lilacs in her hands, she placed it on top of the tombstone and reverting to sitting on her knees. Her eyes welled up at the sight of the named plagued on it, feeling her chests contract and leaving her without air. She ran her hands under her eyes and tried to utter out an emotional sentiment.

"I brought you your favorite flowers, lilacs. I know how much you love them, partly because I always loved them." She chuckled which scared her because it was the first time she's experienced another emotion that wasn't depression.

Pushing her hair behind her ears before resting her hands on her knees again, "I'm sorry I haven't came to visit you. I just couldn't handle it or I'm not handling it in the best way. It's different this time around because there is no escape for me nor do I want there to be. But Bruce, I miss you. I can't deal with you being gone, and maybe that's one of the reasons I fell of the deep end. I just really want this to be a nightmare so that I can wake up and be in your arms again, but over and over again I wake up to the same scenario. Bruce Banner, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and if you're hearing me then I want you to know that I'm trying my best."

Full tears were running down her face, her body now decomposed into a wreck. She tried to catch her breath before continuing, "I'm trying and that's what matters right now. I don't hold it against anybody and nobody should, we all knew the risk of going into that war. Tony's been helping me, recommend me a therapist."

Mila let her mind wander, trying to figure out what she had left out to say to him. She let her fingers trail the chiseled words of his name uttering her last sentences to him for a while, "I'll come back next Friday or maybe I'll come back tomorrow, that all depends on how much I miss you. But don't worry, I'm going to be fine. We're going to be fine."

She pressed a kiss to the rustic marble of the tombstone before leaving the cemetery to go home; The Avengers Tower. To where she would be able to continue her role of imbedding good in the world, and honoring the sacrifice that Bruce made for her.

"Avengers assemble. For now and for always."

[ authors note ]

This is unexpected but we've reached the end! Originally it wasn't suppose to be this way. It was going to be much longer but upon realization that wouldn't be fair to anyone. But I have decided to end this book on a somber note.

Bruce was a fatality of Infinity War and my heart does break because I hope he doesn't in the movie. But, any case, Mila is a character that I have loved since the beginning and take proud ownership of her character development.

Of course, I have to thank tinkertaydust for letting me write this story and letting me do it justice 💕

I hope all of you have enjoyed this story and thank you for your support.

🎉 You've finished reading ᵉˣⁱᵗ ʷᵒᵘⁿᵈˢ ▸ 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 ✓ 🎉