two.

EXIT WOUNDS.
002. | ❛ recovery.

BRUISES LINED UP HER BODY AND THE EXTENSIVE SCARS THAT COVERED HER DELICATE AND BEAUTIFUL FACE WAS THE SMALLEST INJURY ENDURED BY THE EXPLOSION. The explosion burned the building down to the ground with absolutely everything going all with it. After Mila went unconscious, the explosion resulted in a fire that engulfed the girl, miraculously when they found her she was alive. She was transported to the outside of her labs when authorities arrived, and knowing that she was truly blessed that she was still here.

The first person to arrive at her side was Albert. His heart pounded heavily into his shirt when he heard the news; he left everything to get to her side as quickly as he could. Upon arrival, his trembling hand touched the horribly scarred face of Mila. The face was unrecognizable to him with the various different tubes coming out of her body. He felt as if his mind had started to play tricks on him seeing his best friend in a hospital bed, who was at the verge of dying. Deep inside, he knew that Mila was determined and intelligent but wouldn't risk anything without someone double checking her work first. The text he received from her in success of her vial was the happiest he has ever been, but now seeing her in this fragile state, he wanted nothing more than to cry.

Mila's recovery lasted months and even weeks before she could open her eyes. The moment she saw the light again, a sigh of relief washed over her like a wave. She was alerted of her medical conditions that she was being treated for like: secondary burns, exposure to radiation, physical movement, smoke inhalation, and neurological damage to the brain if any. Also telling her of the complications they had with her during operations; various times her heart stopped and body choose to shut down completely with too many close calls.

Her dreaded time in her state would've upset and depressed any, yet the doctors saw a quick healing process that they were unable to explain. The damaging burns that she had gained started to heal and her mind seemed to expand as she quickly caught on to the medical terms uttered by the nurses and doctors. Suddenly, the terms that she heard only once, were like she had studied in the medical field itself. Mila couldn't help but feel that something was wrong within her.

Doctors discharged Mila from the hospital after running the necessary tests to make sure that they weren't missing anything; her theory was that they wanted to find something wrong to keep the magical miracle in their hospital longer. She wasn't magical by any means and she couldn't explain what was happening with her physical state, it wasn't anything she could explain in terms of science.

If science couldn't explain it, the only place that could would the scene of the explosion; her labs. Any reasonable person wouldn't go back to the place that would cause them pain. She tolerated the pain as painful as it was because she needed answers. Answers that she wasn't going to get anywhere else or from any doctor with a degree.

Mila wasn't oblivious to what the media had said about her lab explosion. Some reports claiming that her professional license should be taken away, others saying that she could be harmful to society with her persistence. Many reports were bashing the young scientist, and she couldn't find one that was good.

She went in disguise to her labs as crumbled as they were, rumbles everywhere and nothing that seemed like it was worth saving. All the ruins of her lab were devastating to her eyes, the initial shock when her eyes laid on her treasured office brought the girl's composure unraveled. The build up of small water drops in her eyes came about as she dropped to her knees on the crumbled piece of rubble. Nothing was recognizable about this place anymore. The strong woman she was now coward into a little girl who watched her parents get consumed by gas, the determined scientist that wanted to create stable powers now had nothing. She was a failure to herself, to her parents, to everyone and she couldn't deny that.

She failed.

Her blurred vision didn't catch the wisps of green energy escaping from her fingertips, ones that sparked a flew a couple of inches in front of her. She hiccuped through her cries, wanting to mourn the end of her dreams when a voice employed from behind her.

"What are you doing here?" The man asked behind Mila, and she quickly wiped away her tears and got up on her feet to face him.

"I'm terribly sorry, Sir." She said innocently to him.

"This is the banks property now." His gruff voice informed her and she didn't understand why.

"I'm the owner of this property." She said getting closer to the man and stepping over rubble. "If it's a matter of payment, it's because I've been in the hospital for the past couple of months. How much does the—"

"It's the bank's property now and you ought to leave now because if you don't then you're in for some trouble." The man asserted more dominantly, breaking even further the small fraction of Mila's composure.

"Can you give me a moment to say goodbye? It's just that—"

"If you can't leave by nice terms then you are going to have to leave by bad terms." He said as he started to close in on Mila to pull her off the property.

She squirmed when he leaned forward to grab her, and her initial reaction was to run but she felt a defensive kick in. As she reached her hand out for him to stop, a green orb left her right hand causing the man to be blown away with her energy. He fell hard against the crumble with pain and was clear that his body was emitting a green glow.

Looking down at her hands, she started gasping in shock at what her body was doing; what she was doing. Her power caused pain towards an innocent person, a harmless person. Her hands and what was happening to her would cause harm on people, and no doubt in her mind that it would cause a problem. With rapidness, she dialed 911 to get the man help and assistance.

But, she couldn't be here when they came. No one would believe her story after what happened with the lab, or she would be harnessed for her powers. She couldn't stay here anymore, she had to leave.

She went home to get anything that she needed: clothes, money, valuables. If there was one thing that she dearly needed were her parents journals and a small picture of the three of them. As she hopped into the bus that departed to Mexico, she left a quick voicemail for her friend.

"Hey, Albert. It's me. I'm going to leave for a few days, but I just wanted to thank you for everything. For being my friend, supporting my craziness, coming to visit me in the hospital. Your truly an amazing friend and I was blessed to have you in my life."