Chapter One

I've always known I was different. From the first day I was born my parents figured there was something different about me. I was 3 years old, playing with my toys in front of both my mom and dad. My mom had brown hair and had blue-green eyes. My dad had dark brown hair and had brown eyes. They were enjoying their time with me, then, my eyes began to glow emerald green, a glowing emerald green light surrounded me and that's when they found out how different I really was.

My parents never really told me about this until I was 17. I didn't believe them at first, once they finally told me, but they kept on trying to get me to believe. I was feeling anxious. Then all of a sudden I felt something. Something inside me was trying to come out of me. My eyes began to glow that emerald green again and soon enough an emerald green light surrounded me. That's how I found out my self. They explained that my triple great grandma had the gene and very few times does anyone have it. I transformed. I thought to my self (How could this be, what happened to my body, what happened to me?) My mom put a mirror in front of me and what I saw was unbelievable. I had turned myself into a raven. I was freaking out, I didn't know what to do. My parents didn't understand it either. I had to skip school for a few days because I was still in that form. I didn't how to change back. Not Yet anyways. By the time I reached 20 I learned to control the power. I was told by my dad not to show it in public. They didn't want scientists to do any experiments on me.

For years I hid. No one knew about my powers. It was just me and my parents who knew. But then I found my dad had died in a car accident. By that time I was 26. My mom and I were in mourning. It was one of the most saddest things to me. I still sometimes can feel him around, telling me to move on with my life and I did, a few days after.

Days later, I was walking down a street back to my apartment. I started to hear a guy yelling and screaming. So I ran towards the sound. I ran and ran and finally reached where the sound was and there he was he was tall, had black hair, was thin. He was wearing a black jacket underneath of it he was wearing a blue shirt, blue jeans and his shoes were brown and white.

He was in an ally where no one could see them. It was dark and wet, from the recent rain, I saw two thugs. Both wearing masks. One was tall and big by weight. The other was shorter and thin. Both had guns in there hands ready to fire on the guy, who was defenseless. He had nothing on him to fight with. He seemed like a goner. So I transformed into a cheetah and started to run towards them just as they started to fire. It was so intense. I didn't know the guy, yet I felt compassion to help him. As I got closer, something else started to happen. I stopped right in between both the guy and the thugs. A force field all of a sudden appeared in front of me. The bullets hit the force field and bounced off. You could hear the tink of the bullets bouncing off the ground.