Chapter Five

When I woke up, it was dark, there was hardly any light except for the one on the cieling, it dim though. I looked around and saw that I was sleeping on a soft bed. I saw the floor was a little wet and concrete. The walls were also wet and were as well concrete.

"Good your awake." said a voice.

"Who's there?" I said nervousely

"I'm Katlene I'm the girl who took you through the portal." She came closer and as the light started to hit her I looked carefully to see that she didn't have those emerald green eyes.

I breathed. Her eyes were normal.

"What, did I scare you?" she asked

"A little, but I'll be fine."

"Hey, Katlene," said a voice

"Yes mum?"

"How's our patient?" She said, coming in.

"She's fine," she said

"Good." Her mom apparently had a London acent as well. She was tall and had light brown hair. her eyes were brown.

"What's going on? Where am I?" I said

"Your in the safe place I was talking about." said Katlene.

"What?"

"I know it's not much but, you'll have to deal with it. This is where I live."

"What?"

Then a rat moved past me. I screemed.

"Oh, don't worry it's just my pet rat, Luna."

I looked at her confused. I shook my head. Can you at least tell me what's going on here."

"We took you in,"

"Yeah, I get that, but why?"

"So, Steven wouldn't get a hold of you." said her mom

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

"I'm Susanna, her mum, as you can tell."

"O.K. , so why would he want me?"

"You don't know?" said Katlene

"No."

"Well, how do I put this?" said Susanna

"Steven is alien." said Katlene

"O.K. , what, you mean?"

"We mean he's from space." Said Susanna

"What?" I said supprised.

"We've been trying to capture him for all the crimes he's done, especially hypnosis." Said Susanna.

"What, is this what happened to all the other people back in town?"

"Yes, which is why we need your help to stop him before his plan prosphers." said Katlene.

"You need me?" I asked. Katlene's mom nodded.

"Oh no it's to dangerous."

"Dangerous?" said a voice. It was male he came in and as he did I saw he had white curly hair, he was tall. He was wearing a black suit.

He said, "How dangerous do you think it would be?" he asked he had a Scottish acent. As I was about to say something he interupted me.

"No, no, don't answer that." He smiled

I was even more confused than I was before.

"Glad to see you again." said Susanna

"Glad to see you, and I see you found..." he looked at me in a confused way. He started to walk all around me.

"This is Bella." said Katlene

"Ah, Bella, I see, nice to meet you." He still had a confused look. He took out what looked like a metal wand. It started to glow, not too bright. It made a buzzing sound.

"Who are you and what is that?" I asked

"Why, this is my sonic screwdriver and I'm just making sure of... ah, of course."

"Wait what's your name I didn't quite get that?"

He seemed very focoused on his "Sonic Screwdriver".

Katlene poked him on the shoulder.

He turned to her. She pointed at me.

"Oh, sorry about that," he said "I'm the Doctor."

"I'm sorry?" I said "Doctor who?"

"Just the Doctor."

"But," I started

Katlene, put her hand on my shoulder, I looked at her, she shook her head, smiling.

"What?" I asked

"He prefers to be called the Doctor. That's just the way he is." Says Susanna.

"Yes, now let's not talk about this." said the Doctor, looking up from his sonic.

"O.K. , " I said "So, do you what's happening to New York?"

"Of course." he said